Chapter 3

-UnderSwap #83792-

He was dead, he knew he was dead for all his training, he had never been as magically strong as his brother but he had to try, and all the talking in the world was not enough to stop Papyrus once he got an idea in his head. Maybe if he rushed him, he could distract him enough for the civilians to get away? He was so focused on Papyrus that what happened next caught him completely by surprise.

They examined the stand off. "More of one than we thought." Fresh 404 use their strings to cocoon the Papyrus having already figured out that immobilizing trouble works.

Just like that it was over Papyrus was tied up, but as he looked at the strangers neon blue eyelight, with a tri-colored SOUL in the other socket, he knew this wasn't over this was the beginning and that was terrifying.

"Hello UnderSwap Sans #83792. Do you have a chosen nickname bru?" They watched the Sans flinch when they spoke and quietly signal Muffet to get the others away. "You don't have to worry that we will harm your friends. This AU is not today's project, we are here to talk to you."

"Cerulean, you can call me Cerulean." He watched as the stranger in the rainbow coat squatted and picked Papyrus up.

"Okay then Cerulean let's get your Papyrus home and talk. You both need food and rest." They glanced at Cerulean, he was in rough shape but he had held out damn well. Especially when he had expected a more broken timid Sans. "We are pleased you are in better shape than expected."

De-summoning his attacks he staggered over as the stranger stood. "I wasn't before the broadcast, I was not in the best shape. Knowing that you can do better, be better it makes not standing up for yourself and what you believe almost impossible."

They laugh and start walking letting Cerulean set the pace. "Cobalt had that effect on people." They glanced down at him noting the differences Cerulean was taller four foot three maybe. The piping on his battle body matched his name, the grays were closer to slate. "How much do you know about the Multiverse outside your AU."

"Not as much as I would like. Undyne recorded the broadcast and we studied it. We held meetings. Asgore came out and we put some of it together. There are a lot of universes in the Multiverse too many. There used to be a god of Destruction but the council funked up bad now he is gone and universes are dieing. The council did a short broadcast that a solution had been found but it will take time and they didn't say what it is. The council consists of the judges from the first of each AU type." Cerulean looked down at his gloved hands they were shaking.

"What they found was a teenager made by the creator in the image of the Destroyer with some of the demi-god of negativity's codes. Not really strong enough to take over his mom's job so they fed him to a SOUL  parasite that happens to amplify its host's magic and strength. That would be us Fresh 404." Fresh 404 adjusted Papyrus into a fireman's carry. "One problem is we are not adults. The other is 404's magic is more suited to Amendment than Destroying so we can do it but not keep up unless the creator slows way down. Welcome to the Multiverse, it is funked up. You have the basics."

"You said this AU is not today's project, what did you mean?" Cerulean hurried to open the door for him watching as he carried a very quiet Papyrus in.

They set Papyrus down on the couch and turned to face Cerulean. "This AU, is badly glitched, the codes straining and popping, well past our ability to repair even if Inky worked with us. As you said there are too many AU and this one is dying. Probably why your brother went DustTale without the pressure of hundreds of back to back genocide runs." They set down criss cross applesauce facing him.