Chapter 18

-Balance Castle outside the Greenhouse-

Blackberry frowned looking around the lush gardens and fields beyond that merged with the gardens in a very aesthetically pleasing manner. Before looking up at the massive greenhouse and the castle it was attached to. "Where exactly are we?"

"Dad's castle, more exactly the greenhouse to drop off the plants and seeds. We don't want to keep living things in our inventory longer than necessary." Fresh 404 takes out his phone and makes a call while opening the door and walking into the greenhouse heading for an area with workbenches shielded from sight by taller plants. "Milly we are in the greenhouse dropping off some mundane plants that we want to put in the potential crop program. Please bring Uncle Geno and Reaper to the kitchen. We will pick them up and grab lunch before we leave."

Blackberry starts organizing the plants and seeds as Fresh 404 pulls them out of his inventory listening to him talk. Thinking about the fact, Nightmare had a castle, a really nice one at that.

"No, don't bring them to the greenhouse. We don't want to lose plants here, and make Reaper feel bad about accidentally brushing against them. If we put him through the ringer it will be about something more serious." Fresh 404 relaxes after a moment. "Thank you Milly, we will text after the meeting once we know how the rest of the day will go. Alright see you later."

Blackberry smirks waiting till the kid hangs up. "Checking in with your girlfriend?"

"Who Milly no she is our executive assistant she runs the castle and makes sure we don't mess up the system in place that keeps everyone taken care of." Fresh 404 finishes pulling plants, seeds and rootstock out of his inventory and setting them on the workbenches.

Blackberry glances around the greenhouse again. "Your parents had very different lives than we imagined didn't they?"

"Yes in many ways they did this pocket AU stitched together from scraps of abandoned and forgotten unfinished AU is a refuge for equally abandoned and forgotten beings and their descendants." Fresh 404 leads the way to the castle doors only getting lost twice in the greenhouse. Before they make it to the door Fresh 404 stops. "We don't have time for this." Fresh 404 puts a hand on Blackberry's shoulder and teleports to the kitchen.

Geno was sitting at the counter watching Reaper and Sasin drinking coffee. "Hey kiddos, what's up Milly dropped us off here and had someone named Agnis pack a couple of baskets."

Fresh 404 lets go of Blackberry, "We are running a little late and still need to make two stops before the meeting. The baskets are lunch, we are sure Agnis is an amazing chef and kind of the grandmother figure of the castle."

Blackberry nods at Geno and Reaper. " Heard you are getting some healing finally."

"Yes, I wasn't expecting to be ambushed with a healer this morning. I was expecting to have more time to get to know Fresh 404 better." Geno shrugs, "not that I am complaining. Nice to be cared about."

Reaper chuckles, "I was just along for the coffee and Geno so I am more than happy we checked out the coffee bar while the kid was out."

"Okay Uncle Geno, why don't we send the baskets with you and Reaper to HQ. We will pick up Hatchet and his brother in HorrorTale #15 drop them off at MedicalTale #0 and pick up Medic. We can meet you at HQ to have lunch together before the meeting." Fresh 404 looks pleased with themselves for figuring out how to get back on schedule.

"Sure kid but I want to know what is going on with HorrorTale #15 that is keeping you so busy." Geno gives a laid back smile ignoring the blood trickling from the corner of his mouth.