Chapter 10

-BittyTale #4-

Fell managed to keep from falling when the kid pushed him through the portal and stumbled through right after.

Mama Cry gave them a little wave from behind the counter where she is helping a tall bunny girl with adoption papers.

Fresh 404 nods to her smoothing his coat before heading to the clinic to check in. "Sans we are back."

Sans meets them at the door to the clinic. "Great! Moonlight wouldn't settle down for Edge so I had him go nap with the others."

"Sorry about running off on you like that the less pleasant part of our job was calling." Fresh 404 refused to look up from the floor.

"Fox kid I am sorry. Do you need to talk?" Sans gently pulls Fresh 404 into the clinic.

Fell stands there unsure what to do. Surrounded by tiny products with bitties watching from overhead walkways and no clear reason why they are here.

As soon as Mama Cry finished with the customer and they leave she bustled over to Fell "Come along some of the bitties updated me on recent multiverse history from the kids perspective. You can fill me in with yours. Nothing clouds the truth like only getting one side of the story."

Fell glances at where Fresh 404 disappeared with Sans, and let Mama Cry lead him to her office. "Why not the kid is not going to put up with me in the same room as him right now."

"Not surprising I get the feeling he doesn't trust you at all. Plus the bitty types based in UnderFell monsters are not known for emotional support when one is stressed." She smiles up at him and sets up a tea tray.

"True the touchy feely crap will get you killed in UnderFell. So what news do you need a second view of?" He lowered himself into an office chair finding Mama Cry completely non threatening.

"Well first off you can call me Cry I am a certified bitty mama. That means I am legally qualified to run this Bitty Center, care for the bitties here, and oversee adoptions. It also means I know about the multiverse and different AU types if they have a bitty representative. So let's start with about a year ago that is when news started getting hard to come by." She pours them each a cup of tea.

"About a year ago." He stares into the tea. "Error took down a whole AU chain including the original something he had never done before as far as the council knew. It caused a panic and everyone started talking in terms of stopping him permanently. In the end we all ambushed him. It was brutal, senseless, and stupid. Eventually he just got up and left. Everyone separated to search for him. Eventually we were called back to Council HQ. The group with Inky almost all had injuries and Dream was almost catatonic. Cobalt crashed the next meeting with Lady Life and the first multiverse quake hit."

Mama Cry set her tea down carefully. "I see, the kid was rather vague about the fall according to Sans. What can you tell me about the fall?"

Fell closes his sockets looking away. "I was not there when it happened but both sides agree on what happened. Error was in OuterTale when they found him. Nightmare and his gang found him just after Inky's group. Error jumped into the VOID and Nightmare divided after him. What was left of Nightmare's team beat up Inky's group and left."

"Strange that he would leave something so damning out..." Mama Cry sipped her tea. "I feel I can trust him with the bitties who have decided on him. Thank you for being honest with me."

"I honestly can't say whether I hate him or not but strangely I was not upset when he said he intends to steal my brother." Fell finally drinks his tea. "Even if the rest of the council never understands it will be worth it to get him out of our AU he is just a target there and a liability."