Chapter 22

-FlowerFell #0 Ruins-

Don G looked around as he stepped through the portal surprised to find himself in the courtyard in front of Toriel's house.  "Huh not where I expected to arrive but the kid does pretty much put his portals wherever he wants."

"That he does so you must be the council tagalong for the day.  Somehow I am not surprised he finds those of us from rougher AU less annoying or so he tells me.  Personally I think it is because we are the ones who would have ended up the villains if the there weren't worse AU. By comparison to someone who broke and killed everyone to make the resets stop fell monsters or the mob life doesn't look so bad.  Until you remember fell monsters are normally assholes and killers from plain meanness and fear.  And mobsters kill for money, power, and pride.  We were never any better than any of the so-called bad guys, they at least had a good reason."  Golden steps out of the shadow of the dead tree watching Don G.

Fresh 404 steps through the portal closing it.  "Good afternoon Golden, how is Sunshine?"

Golden smiles at the mention of his sweetheart.  "Good she is just spending some time with Toriel before we go."

Fresh 404 smiles, "How are you holding up we know you had a long stretch alone?"

Don G stands back and listens thinking about what Golden said.  He wasn't wrong about Nightmare's gang or them.

"Not quite, Toriel let me into the ruins once I quit the council we kept each other company till Sunshine reset.  I am actually worried about leaving her here alone."  Golden picks up a backpack from by the tree.

Fresh 404 nods looking thoughtful. "Good point Golden, what do you think of our teaching her to get to the omega timeline."

Golden sighed in relief, "that would be great, she could get out and have some company and come back if it got too overwhelming for her!"

"Why would it be overwhelming, Toriel is the toughest lady I have ever known."  Don G frowns confused.

"Large groups of people can be overwhelming after spending long periods of time in isolation."  Fresh 404 hums a soft tune thinking. "Do you think your Toriel could help the one from HorrorTale # 15 adjust enough to be accepted in the omega timeline? This AU isn't going to be reset for a long time."

"I don't know, like Don G said Toriel is tough but she is also protective of the other monsters in the ruins.  I guess it would depend on how far gone she is mentally."  Golden frowns, "I wish the answer could be simpler. HorrorTale monsters are not evil but what they have been through has broken them."

Fresh 404 nods, "we can not argue that somethings just can't be taken back or undone by a reset there are consequences."  Signing he looks over at the house, "the reasons for never accepting refugees from some of the darker AU are not invalid just cruel.  We will have to consider more on what can be done."

Golden shakes his head, "kid make the council do it. You have enough on your plate without trying to solve all the problems in the multiverse on your own.  Try and you will burn out."

There was an awkward silence while they all just stood there and waited for someone else to start a conversation or Sunshine to come out of the house.  Don G finally broke it with a question.  "So what did you find out about the new arrivals you didn't give much in the way of detail?"

Fresh 404 sighs, "We don't have much in the way of details, and we shared what we have with the council other than Static acting wary about accepting food.  We hope he doesn't have an eating disorder."

"Wait wait wait! What new arrivals? Who is Static?" Golden looks at them confused.

"We had just started today's meeting when a portal opened in the middle of the meeting hall.  An out fell a couple of unconscious Sanses one of them looked like mom only shorter maybe an inch or two taller than us.  The other was, our height looked like Uncle Dream wearing a ragged purple suit and bones that glow like pearls in moonlight.  Turns out they are our parents counterparts from another multiverse.  Both are badly damaged physically and pregnant.  At least one deity, probably more were involved in getting them here.  Their names are Static and Bane."  Fresh 404 shrugs, "we are choosing to view them as uncles, and a blessing we really don't have the right magic to be the destroyer.  Maybe if the multiverse was balanced and it was just removing badly damaged AU on a rare occasion we could keep up but it isn't."