Chapter Sixteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well what are we gonna do with him?!" Nick said sadly.

Nobody spoke.

"We can't let him die!" My heart sank. Poor Nick.

I started to think of all the supplies we had, and what the Creators have given us.
"The Syringe!" I said out loud.

"The what-," Newt started, "The Syringe! You're bloody right! That could work!"

"We don't even know what's in there!" Alby said,

"For all we know it could kill him even more," Gally mentioned.

"But what if it works!" Minho said as the others nodded. "Teddy, do you know where it is?"

I nodded while sprinting towards homestead.
When I arrived I quickly poked around the drawers, trying to find it. I noticed it immediately when I opened a cabinet. It was a vial with liquid blue inside. I dashed back to the Corridors where the group was. Nick and Zart were knelt beside George so I handed them the vial.

"Inject it into his arm," Frypan ordered to Nick.

Nick waited for the perfect moment and went right for it.

George started screaming in pain, it was unbearable to watch. All of the sudden his stood up and walked to the closed corridors. Before I could react chaos broke out and he started smashing his head against it.

Over, and over.

"GEORGE!" I heard someone scream bringing me back to reality.
Blood was dripping everywhere.

I held my hand up to my mouth. Tears dreading to fall.

George walked over to Zart and shoved him to the ground, then began looking for his next victim.

"STOP!" Winston, Jeff and Nick screamed at the top of their lungs.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Alby yelled, his feet thundering across the dusty ground with a shovel in his hand.

He swung it like a baseball bat and knocked him in the head. George fell to the ground.

"NOOOO!" Nick screamed to his best friend.

George twitched and moaned, then went still.

Alby dropped the shovel to the ground and turned to face us. Tears were shedding down his dark skin. It occurred to me that I've never seen him cry.

Nick was on the ground sobbing, with Zart kneeling next to him with a hand on his friend's shoulder crying silently.

Some of the boys had wandered off alone. Alby was on his knees, leaning against the shovel he'd used to kill George, staring at the ground completely still. Newt was near him, sitting cross-legged in the dirt, head in hands, eyes closed, as miserable as a person can look.

I walked over to him crying and sat cross-legged next to him. He look up at me and pulled me into a enormous hug. I sat still in his arms and cried into his chest for what felt like a life time.