Chapter 36

Dwight was sat in a secluded corner of the library, away from the group readers.

He'd always preferred revising alone because studying in groups wasn't just for him. He'd make more progress on his own than with company. That was why he was surprised when his seclusive spot was invaded, and his peace and quiet shattered.

He looked up to find the intruder already making themselves comfortable beside him.

"Hey," Nigel greeted, acting like everything was just dandy.

Dwight still confused and all, flashed him a "what do you think you're doing" look, which was accompanied by the crease in between his eyebrows.

It wasn't a full on frown, and was more of a look of confusion.

Nigel still strangely jolly looking flashed Dwight a ridiculously bright smile before scooting closer in his wooden chair.

"I came to keep you company, and before you say anything, I know you don't like group studies."

"If you do then why are you here?" Dwight asked, cutting right to the chase.

Nigel winced at Dwight's bluntness but continued to speak anyway, "like I said earlier, to keep you company. I promise not distract you, and to keep my mouth shut till the end of your study session."

Dwight adjusted himself on his seat till he was leaning on the backrest of his chair in an uncordial way, his arms crossed over his chest as he scrutinized his ex-bestfriend with his sky blue eyes.

"If I tell you to leave, would you?" He asked, the corner of his lips curled up a bit.

"Not a chance," Nigel admitted, "I'm here to stay," he added that jolly smile that didn't suit his usual personality back on his face.

Dwight finally sat properly, the amusement gone from his features.

"It's Thursday, meaning the terminal exams are in four days, you better keep you mouth shut for the entirety of the time you're here, got it?"

His voice was firm and left no room for argument, and neither did the look on his face.

"Aye aye captain," Nigel answered, the damn smile still on his face despite Dwight's bristle tone.

Dwight eyed him for a while, before quietly returning his attention to his physics textbook. Only the heavens knew why they had to have that first thing on a Monday morning.

Nigel too went back to his work. The both of them studied side by side, not uttering a word to each other.

And that was how it went for the entirety of the study session.

-

Decked in a large brown jacket, Angel was resting against the wall at a corner in the courtyard, his books laid out in front of him.

He flipped through the pages of his physics textbook, wondering why in hell the subjects he offered seemed to be a combination of science and arts.

Also, who starts a terminal examination with physics. It was like Crownswill's teachers were out to kill them. Angel was so focused on figuring out a projectile equation that he didn't even notice the figure approaching him.

"Hey mate," Diego greeted, surprising Angel into dropping his pen.

He breathed deeply before turning to face Diego, "dude, you scared me," he cried, picking up the fallen pen.

His voice was a bit wobbly considering that Diego gave no heed to personal space whatsoever. He hadn't forgotten what he'd done with Diego almost a week ago.