Chapter 29

They were currently enjoying their break time, the whole group except for Diego who had been avoiding Angel for the past two days. Angel was sure his friends were beginning to catch up on the fact that he and Diego had a fall out, one more serious than usual. He just wasn't sure if they suspected that he was the one behind Diego's shaved head.

Dwight who had been discharged from the medical centre today sat faraway from Nigel as he listened to Idalgo brief him on the happenings in principal Harrington's office.

The tension between Dwight and Nigel was clear, and Angel had an inkling that it even surpassed the one between him and Diego.

Nevertheless, Dwight wasn't paying Nigel any attention, and Nigel just seemed content with staring at Dwight from a distance.

"We'd eventually have to schedule a meeting with your roommate, Dallas," Nigel inputted, for the first time since the beginning of our break.

"You make it sound so formal, like it's a business meeting or something. Besides, I'm sure you've met them at one point or another." Dallas' reply was met steadily with one from Tobi.

"I think what he means is us getting acquainted to the person who will be in charge of our dance practices next term. That'll involve more than just shouting out "thanks" to them for letting you have us in your dorm room."

"Hey, you never went out of your way to know them, don't come here acting like a saint," Dallas retorted, opening a portal for their argument to take a more heated turn.

Angel sighed, then allowed himself to glance around the table.

Dwight's full concentration was on his box of chicken wings, and he seemed lost in his own world. As per a thing now, Nigel was looking at him, his expression wistful.

Idalgo was flipping through the pages of a hardcover note that could pass out as either a jotter or a journal. Angel was almost sure it was the former. As quirky as Idalgo was, he'd never seemed like the type to keep a journal or a diary.

Fay on the other hand, was typing on her phone at an imaginable speed, like usual, and Olivia was, missing?

"Guy's, where's Olivia?" Angel asked. He wasn't sure why he asked, maybe he finally realized that he doesn't wish her death, yet.

"Probably with Diego, she's been and I quote, "comforting him during this difficult times," Idalgo disclosed, and Angel was back to square one because scratch that, he wanted her gone and he was too pissed to care how.

His line of thoughts were totally uncalled for, so Angel took a step back to come to terms with shit.

Why did he care if Olivia and Diego hung out, it's not like he could tell the guy who to and who not to speak to.

It's not supposed to annoy him when he imagines Olivia rubbing herself all over Diego in an attempt to get him to notice her.

At least Angel wasn't that desperate, and for God's sake he had a reputation to uphold.

Angel stared at the chicken pie he had gotten for the lunch break, and then he proceeded to swish the soda causing to splash a bit on the hand that held the can. He brought the can of coke to his mouth and downed a good quantity of it, before taking a bite out of his pie.

He'd just taking the last gulp of his soda when the bell went. Break time was over. He picked up the wrappers of his lunch, and tossed them into the bin, before placing his tray amongst the already returned ones.

He had three more classes before he could finally go back to his dorm room, free and away from anymore learning.

He turned to look at Idalgo who was walking by his side, and acknowledged him with a nod.