"It's so nice to be as passionate as you while dancing. You were a gem in everyone's eyes everytime." Your friend said, and you laughed. 

"Without you guys, I cannot do anything in the eyes of the people." You said, and all of you laughs knowing all of you need each other just to perform in the crowd. They were friends you would never replace them for anyone else. They were the support that once your parents always lent to you. 

"(Y/n), look." You looked at the way your friend had whispered you, and you saw a guy that seemed familiar.

"It's that guy, the one that you bumped into !" she whispered with excitement, and your eyes did not leave Zhongli as he slowly approached you. 

Zhongli watched as you stood up from your place, and he was again, was taken aback seeing you on a casual clothes. The Liyue clothes you had on suit you so well.

"Hello. Is there anything you want ?" You asked politely, and his eyes widened.

"You know how to speak our language ?" he asked, and a light-sounding laugh greeted his ears.

"I'm an entertainer across the continent, of course I need to learn all of the languages." Zhongli did not reply anything. He did not know that because his place was not among the people, originally. He do more part outside of the community than within it. 

He looked up to you again, then his eyes fell into your anticipating eyes, waiting for him to say the reason of being there. He looked away, a faint blush appeared on his cheekbones.

"I just want you to know... you look beautiful tonight." He said hesitantly, making your eyes widened at the pure heartfelt confessed by him. You smiled.

"Thank you..." 

"M-... Zhongli." 

"M.. ?" You dragged the word, trying to get out the real name he was hesitated to say. 

"It's Zhongli." You hugged your arms, tilting your head at him being untruthful but also innocent at a same time. There was something he was hiding but out of ill-intent. You let it passed. 

"My name is (Y/n)." You said with your usual friendly manner, making him blushed at the unusual interaction he had with another, ordinary human. He did not know what to say other than complimenting like how Guizhong once taught him. She thought that he was too inhumane, so she taught him a few sweet words to at least get a girl. He never thought it would be of use today. 

"I'm sorry for bumping into you earlier." You said, trying not to end the conversation in an awkward way, seeing how easily awkward he could get in the conversation. He looked timid for such a handsome guy. 

"Technically, you did not bump into me. I was in the way." Zhongli said, and you noticed that he was okay constructing words with such stern tone from his voice. You tap your lower lips a few times, getting to the conclusion. 

He was not a social person. He probably do jobs like becoming the head of the village. Then, your mind clicked.

"A-Are you the head of the village ?" You asked, starting to be afraid of dealing with the head.

"No, certainly not." he answered, and you were reassured.

You looked up into his eyes again, feeling a little giddly that a handsome man took a liking to you, even complimenting you under the moonlight. As for Zhongli, he felt even better seeing your smile.

"(Y/n), may I have some of your time tomorrow night ?"

"Sure."

That moment, the conversation seemed natural. Both were holding each other eyes as if you had seen the future of you with him.