"Are you not asleep?" Jiang Qinan stroked his chest, bent over and picked up the phone that had fallen on the floor. After confirming that it was not broken, he slipped it into his pocket.

"Well," Ruan Lutang nodded, sat up and asked again, "Who are you calling?"

Jiang Qinan hesitated, and answered truthfully: "Give it to my mother, I can't contact her anymore."

"Oh..." Ruan Lutang nodded thoughtfully, and moved aside, with a respectful manner of listening.

Jiang Qinan sat next to Ruan Lutang and hesitated to say: "The day the zombie appeared was my 20th birthday. My mother said it was a very important day, and she promised me that she would accompany me on my birthday. But I waited for a long time. , She didn't show up either."

When she said these few words, her dissatisfaction had long since disappeared, and her tone was only low, and she was full of worry: "She is very busy at work and often does not go home. There have been cases of missed appointments on her birthday before. So I thought at the time that she must be busy with work again and forgot my birthday."

"I was very angry at that time, so I deleted her WeChat and didn't call her. When the zombie virus broke out, I couldn't get through when I called her again."

"Think about it now, she didn't show up at the time, would it, would it be..." Jiang Qinan's voice trembled slightly, and she didn't say any more, but her meaning was clear.

She hugged her knees, buried her head in her arms, and couldn't see her expression clearly. Jiang Qinan wiped her eyes secretly, she didn't want to expose her fragility in front of outsiders.

Ruan Lutang looked at Jiang Qinan who had shrunk into a small ball, couldn't help touching her head, and said softly, "It's not that she doesn't want to come back to celebrate her birthday with you, but is trapped and can't make it back."

Jiang Qinan knew that she was comforting herself, smiled lightly, tilted her head and looked at Ruan Lutang: "How do you know?"

"If I say, is your mother talking to me personally?" Ruan Lutang wrapped her fingers around Jiang Qinan's hair. Her hair was so smooth and soft that Ruan Lutang made countless small circles.

Jiang Qinan laughed dumbly and followed Ruan Lutang's words: "Then what else did she tell you?"

"She said," Ruan Lutang looked at Jiang Qinan's eyes and said softly, "Qi Qi, happy birthday."

She spoke softly, but she heard thunder in Jiang Qinan's ears. She was startled and suddenly straightened up and looked at Ruan Lutang--Qi Qi was her nickname, and only Professor Lin would call her like this.

"Who on earth are you?" Jiang Qinan distanced herself from Ruan Lutang without a trace, his voice was already shaking out of tone.

Sure enough, what she had thought was correct, Ruan Lutang approached her because of another plan!

Ruan Lutang didn't answer her words, quietly watching her hair pull away from her fingers, flutter in the air for a moment, and then quietly fall back to Jiang Qinan's shoulders.

She twisted her fingers and changed her conversation suddenly: "What does your mother do, do you know?"

Jiang Qinan watched her vigilantly, and said tightly, "University professor."

"University professor..." Ruan Lutang repeated it, and suddenly laughed.

"What are you laughing at?" Jiang Qinan frowned and stared at Ruan Lutang dissatisfiedly.

Ruan Lutang raised his eyebrows and replied: "A university professor who is too busy to go home and can't even attend his daughter's birthday. Is this normal? Have you ever doubted it?"