The Year Apart

Their break had just passed, and both pairs of brothers were getting used to their new schedules. School wasn't hard, despite the fact that it was a prestigious middle school, it was actually quite easy for them.

But what wasn't easy, was the breaks. Most students would say break and lunchtimes were the best parts of school, and they weren't necessarily wrong, but....

For Seijuro and Daisuke, because of their affiliations with their brothers, they didn't really think to make friends with other people, but it felt quite boring, not having brothers annoy you to death.

Also, they found a lot of people quite...well...let's say they just dislike them.

"Any clubs you're joining, Daisuke?"

"Running for student council, I suppose." Daisuke sifted through the papers.

"You wouldn't do well." Seijuro sighed.

"Then explain why you and the others follow me around and ask me for advice?"

"...."

"Thought so."

Seijuro rolled his eyes. "I guess I'll do basketball, this school is famous for its sports teams."

"You're too short."

"Daisuke, we're literally the same height, and we're fairly average."

And either way, despite his shortness, he still made it to the first string of the basketball team, along with three others, as first years, which was quite surprising.

He took his time to talk to them, and surprisingly, they were pretty decent people, as he'd hoped.

And so, they became good friends, along with his best friend, a cyan haired boy he'd helped get into the first string in basketball, who also loved milkshakes.

"He's like Tobio." Daisuke said.

"Less annoying, that is."

Meanwhile, with Karma and Tobio

'Karma Akabane and Tobio Kageyama, wonderful students to have in my class. They get good grades and always participate.' Was what the teacher thought, but....

"Karma, Karma, I got these cards yesterday!" Tobio whispered, showing his brother the collection.

"How- dude I literally only got these, they suck." Karma sighed, showing his.

"I just have better luck."

"Then give. You seem to have enough to spare."

Tobio and Karma gave each other annoyed looks, before sitting up and acting nice when the teacher looked at them.

=========

Are they talking about Pokémon cards? Yes? No? Maybe?

Idk up to you all lol