When it's Christmas

"NO SCHOOL!!!" Karma and Tobio cheered. 

"And it's your birthday." Seijuro said.

"Not that we prepared a gift." Daisuke added. 

But Tobio and Karma both looked confused. "It is?"

Then there was an awkward pause.

"Did you guys seriously forget your birthday?!" Seijuro punched Karma, who managed to dodge it, but fell down. 

"Deserved. You didn't give me a present!" Tobio laughed at Karma. 

"You forgot too!" Karma argued. 

Seijuro and Daisuke looked at each other, each agreeing on what to do. 

"Fine, no strawberry shortcakes. Daisuke, let's go then." 

"Sure, Sei."

"Both of you suck!" Tobio yelled behind, and Karma stuck his tongue out. 

They ended up following along, and did get their cake, so that was good compensation. Compensation for what was ahead. 

Remember that the twins had a birthday on Christmas? What usually happens on Christmas? Present giving? Delicious dinners? Yes, but you're missing the point.

Two words: Family gatherings. 

It'd also be the first one the brothers would remember. 

"We're back-" Daisuke began, but was cut off by his own surprise. 

Surely enough, the main room were decorated, probably way too fancy for their taste at least. Not to mention, there were a lot, a lot of people. 

The boys immediately ran to their dad. 

"What's going on?" They pulled on his sleeve.

"Eh? Didn't mom or one of the servants tell you?" Their father asked, but they all shook his heads.

"Basically, your cousins and your aunts and uncles are all here to celebrate Christmas with you, so go have fun." They father urged, pushing them. 

"Why do we have to...." Karma pursed his lips in annoyance. 

"Then don't. There's food at least?" Daisuke pointed to the piles of food prepared. 

"Okay. We eat, and we get out of here. How about that?" Seijuro proposed, and they all agreed. 

They ran around, ducking under arms, dodging people, and taking the food, before running off. They've played so much hide and seek in the house that they've also created their own hiding spots, away from people. 

"By the way, they look u g l y." Karma commented, twirling his fork in the air. 

"Don't be rude....but you're right." Seijuro agreed. 

"Race you!" Tobio stood up immediately and ran straight to the room. 

"Still slower than me." Daisuke ran ahead. 

"Wait up! No fair!" Karma followed up, not far behind. 

Seijuro, who got up last, however, was the first to make it. They played some games for a while, threw pillows at each other because they were mad that they lost, etc. 

A servant knocked on the door. "Excuse me, but-"

"Sorry, I'm deaf, can't hear you, adios!" Karma closed the door, ignoring the scolding he was getting from Seijuro. 

==========

I have forgotten my own birthday before, don't come for me.