Part 28🌸

After we got home a couple days ago I just went upstairs into my room, called Sam for a few minutes, and then changed and went to bed.

Today we were told Mimi was back home so we went to go visit her. We had to go there for another BSC meeting anyway. We rang the doorbell to the Kishi house, and Claudia opened it. We said hi and we saw Mimi walk in. Kristy hugged her.

Kristy- you're home!
Dawn- we're so happy to see you
Mary Anne- I made you an Afghan, but I ran out of yarn so I guess it's a scarf

We all laughed, including Mimi as Mary Anne out the scarf around Mimi's neck.

Mimi- thank you! Beautiful
Stacey- hi Mimi. So glad you're better
Lilliana- we're glad to see you home
Claudia- you ok Mimi?
Mimi- I.... Tea
Claudia- call me when it's ready and I'll bring it upstairs

Mimi smiled and walked back into the kitchen. We looked at Claudia.

Mary Anne- she's doing great
Claudia- yeah, she is
Stacey- Claudia... was that-
Kristy- the phone
Lilliana- what?
Kristy- the phone!
All- the phone!

We all realized what she meant and we ran upstairs. We ran into Claudia's room and Kristy picked up the phone.

Kristy- babysitters club, this is Kristy Thomas speaking... Hi Mrs. Pike... Sea City! Uh, are you serious?!

We all looked at each other excited.

Kristy- I mean, we'll have to ask

Kristy- all eight of them... a whole week of babysitting? Omg, ok, thank you so much! We'll call you when we get out answer! Thank you

She hung up the phone and we all looked at each other.

*time skip four days*

We were all sitting in Claudia's room talking about the job with the Pikes.

Stacey- Sea city! One week, eight Pikes, two babysitters
Claudia- I can't believe you're going!
Kristy- I can't believe your dad's letting you go
Dawn- yeah, how is Richard taking it?

We looked at Mary Anne.

Mary Anne- pretty good... considering. He did make me only get one pieces, which made him feel line he was, again, exerting some measure of control.
Stacey- we'll go bikini shopping on our night off. It'll be our chance to bond!
Mary Anne- really?
Stacey- yeah!

They both laugh.

Claudia- I'm so jealous. You guys get to go on a glamorous business trip, while I'll be dying of boredom in Vermont.
Mary Anne- you'll be with Mimi
Claudia- she'll be bored too

I chuckled at the girl.

Lilliana- well, for Dawn, Kristy and I, we can go clothes shopping at the mall, get some new cute bikinis as well, and then we can convince Olivia to take us to her lake house for a couple nights with Sam and Charlie.
Dawn- really?
Lilliana- yup. I'm sure she won't mind
Kristy- some bonding time for us as well. But speaking of boring, this whole wedding stuff has turned my mom into the most basic person to ever live. Flutes or saucers? Roses or Orchids? It's like talking to a Brides magazine from the 1950s
Lilliana- she picked roses by the way

We all laughed.

Dawn- at least she's not obsessively looking for dates on Tinder.

We all gave her a weird look and laughed.

Dawn- Sharon swipes right on everyone. It's why I can't leave her alone
Mary Anne- well my dad will be at home and vulnerable...
Dawn- say no more. The game is afoot. Project Parent Trap begins now.

They both stand up and begin doing their handshake.

Kristy- ok, before we get into all of that, let's lay out some ground rules. The BSC code of conduct
Claudia- oh brother
Kristy- no texting during sitting hours, we can't afford any distractions. And be hyper vigilant with sunscreen application. And most importantly-
Stacey- oh, don't worry, I can disconnect my pump for up to an hour if I want to swim.
Kristy- no. I mean good, but most importantly...

We all looked at each other and then Kristy for an answer.

Lilliana- ok we don't have all day
Kristy- *laugh* I'm gonna miss you guys

She turned around so no one would see her cry. Mary Anne got up and hugged her.

Mary Anne- Kristy you're gonna make me cry

Dawn started crying and she walked up to them and joined the hug. We all laughed. Claudia got up and hugged them too. I let some tears roll down my face and I fake pouted and joined the hug.

Stacey- guys come on, we're only leaving for a week.

We all have her a look and she rolled her eyes and gave up.

Stacey- ok

We all laughed and Stacey joined the hug.

The next day the girls left to Sea City, and Claudia went to Vermont with Mimi. I got my mom to pick up Kristy, Olivia, and Dawn and take us to the mall. But first I needed to go to the Brewer house to supervise Kristy with Watson. Watson showed Kristy her room.

Watson- Well, what do you think?
Kristy- it's... big.
Watson- big, yeah. Big.
Lilliana- it's really pretty, Kris
Watson- oh! Uh Kristy your mom and I have menu tasting for the wedding on Saturday, do you think you could watch Karen and Andrew for us?

He paused.

Watson- well for me. Well, for us.
Kristy- I'm sure Lilli would love to-
Lilliana- Uhh I actually can't I uhh have uhh I have to go dress shopping with Olivia... on Saturday...

She gave me a look. I winked at her. She obviously knew I was lying.

Kristy- uh... sure
Watson- ah, great! Thank you so ver-

They had an awkward moment deciding whether to hug or give each other a hand shake. They ended up just shaking on it.

Watson- thank you very much... Ok I'll uh let you enjoy the space. Just feel it out. It's all yours. Bye.

He turned around and walked out of the room. Then he turned around and went in the opposite direction.

Watson- Oh, I'm going that way

Kristy rolled her eyes and looked at me.

Kristy- let's go
Lilliana- oooo your eager to get a bikini!
Kristy- I'd rather do that then stay here

I laughed at her and we walked downstairs and back to my moms car. She drove us to pick up Olivia and Dawn, and we drove to the mall.

I'm so excited!