Part 14🌸

It was about week later, it's now Saturday. I had started eating eating a lot better, at least one actual meal a day, and then maybe an apple or two.

Yesterday I was supposed to go with the girls and walk around with sandwich boards to help try and get more clients but I had band practice. In total I've had three jobs, all from the same person. It was a little boy named Tyler. He was six about to be seven. He was really nice and he loved when I played guitar and made music with him. That's all of the business we've had for the week.

Today I was on my way to Sam's house to work on more music because none of us were busy and had nothing better to do.

Yesterday Kristy called me and told me about the incident with Jaime. She told me that Lacey was babysitting him, and that she knew I was Stacey's sister. Stacey apparently called Jaime's mom, and as she did, Lacey told Stacey she'd regret telling her.

I guess she did... and it affected me too. Lacey sent everyone in town an email titled, Is this who you want babysitting your child?

It had a video link, and a photo. The video was of Stacey in insulin shock. That's when we found out she had diabetes. The photo was of me... in the hospital... with tubes running through me.

I looked at both of the things and started crying. I kept walking until I got to Sam's house. He saw me and he ran up to me and pulled me into a hug. I sobbed into his arms while he rubbed my back.

Lilliana- t-this is exactly w-why we moved here
Sam- shhh it's ok...
Lilliana- it's not though! We moved here because we couldn't handle getting bullied everyday to the point where Stacey and I had death threats sent to my house! We're gonna have to move again...
Sam- you're not moving. I'm not letting you
Lilliana- you can't do anything about it
Sam- I'll do anything to keep you here. I can't lose you
Lilliana- I can't lose you either...
Sam- what was that video of Stacey?
Lilliana- she has diabetes. Type one, it's genetic.
Sam- oh...
Lilliana- my family's a mess. I barely see my mom, my sister has diabetes, and I have an eating disorder. I make everyone's life so much worse than it already is. I should be able to eat perfectly fine, but of course, I can't.
Sam- hey hey hey, don't say that. All you've ever done to my life is make it better. You're my best friend and so much more than that. I love you for who you are, not whether you have health issues. You're one of the nicest people I've ever met, and I love you, ok?

We pull out of the hug and I look at the ground. Sam lightly grabs my chin and pulls it up so I'm looking into his eyes. He has really pretty eyes... without warning, Sam crashes his lips onto mine. It took me a few seconds to realize what was happening, but once I did I wrapped my arms around his neck and melted into the kiss.

Olivia- ahhh omg, omg, omg!
Charlie- yes! That's my bro!
Kristy- ew gross!
Claudia- awww
Mary Anne- so cute
Stacey- great...

We pulled out of the kiss and saw the others. I laughed a bit and wiped the tears off my cheeks. Kristy came up to me and grabbed my arm, and pulled me in Claudia's house. I followed her up to Claudia's room. It was bright and unique, hm I like it. Kristy sat me down on the bed along with Mary Anne and Claudia, and Stacey and Kristy sat on separate chairs.

Kristy- ok, first off, what was that?!
Lilliana- I don't know...
Claudia- what do you mean 'you don't know' you just kissed!!
Mary Anne- so you do like him!
Lilliana- I never denied it
Kristy- yes you did!
Lilliana- ok, maybe I did
Claudia- so are you dating?
Lilliana- no. It just kinda happened
Mary Anne- I bet you'll be dating in no time
Kristy- we'll see about that. But in the meantime... Stacey... what was that video?
Stacey- ...
Kristy- come on you have to tell us. I know we all know you've been hiding something, the only other person who knows is Lilli...

Stacey looked up at Kristy from looking at her hands. Mary Anne started tearing up.

Kristy- so what is it? A nervous break down? A neurological misfire? Hard drugs?
Mary Anne- Kristy!
Kristy- what? The BSA dug this up to discredit us. We already know Lilli's secret and what the photo is, but we deserve to know Stacey's
Lilliana- just tell her Stacey
Stacey- it's diabetes! I have diabetes ok? Type 1. There's no cure. I'll have it for the rest of my life.

All of the girls went silent. Claudia then decided to speak up

Claudia- how long have you known?
Lilliana- since last spring...
Stacey- I just started feeling weird. I lost a bunch of weight. My mom thought I had an eating disorder like Lilli... she took me to a psychiatrist, and... in the meantime I just kept getting sicker and sicker until... well until what you just saw
Kristy - but why have you been lying to us?
Stacey- because I was afraid... I thought if you knew, that's all you'd see me as. The sick girl
Mary Anne- but Lilli told us her secret...
Stacey- but hers wasn't as bad as mine. the video was the worst day of my life. And even my best friend Laine sent it around. They commented on it... made sure every private school kid in Manhattan saw it at least once...
Lilliana- don't say mine wasn't as bad as yours! My best friend sent mine around to! I had to deal with every kid in Manhattan knowing I was anorexic for over two years! As soon as that happened to you we moved right out of New York, and you want to know why? Because you're the favorite and don't even deny it! I know you are and you do too. I haven't seen mom in over a week, and you went shopping with her a couple days ago, and watched a movie with her by yourself yesterday! Stacey you're my sister. But sisters don't do what you did to me.

I grabbed my stuff and left Claudia's house.

Kristy- Lilli...
Claudia- Lilli wait...

Wow Stacey...