Part 23🌸

We left the Barretts house, and Kristy and I went to her house. I was going to talk to Sam about his dad. Obviously I knew that his parents were divorced because Watson and Liz are getting married now, but he never told me that he hasn't heard from him in a year and a half.

While walking to their house, Kristy kept talking about how irresponsible Natalie is and that if she can't be home for at least an hour a day that she shouldn't watch her kids. I just responded with a nod or an occasional 'mhm'.

All I was thinking about is how Sam must feel. I mean, Kristy exploded when she found out it was Buddy's dad all along, who knows what Sam thinks. I think Kristy noticed I wasn't really paying attention because she pinched my arm.

Lilliana- ow! What was that for?!
Kristy- you didn't answer my question. What are you thinking about?
Lilliana- *sigh* Sam.
Kristy- and what about him?
Lilliana- the fact that I tell him almost everything about me and he has never talked to me about his dad.
Kristy- oh... we never really talk about him at all.
Lilliana- well yeah, I get that. But he's never said anything about it. I mean I know your parents are divorced because your mom is getting married, but I just- I don't know.
Kristy- no, I get it. You guys are practically dating and he hasn't talked about it, and you want to know about it. Just ask him about it.
Lilliana- well I was planning on it. I just don't want him to feel like he has to hide things from me. I want him to tell me this kind of stuff...
Kristy- well then tell him how you feel about it, tell him he can talk to you
Lilliana- I will...

We made it to their house and I took a deep breath. Kristy nudged my shoulder and opened the door.

Kristy- you'll be fine.. he can't get mad at you for just asking about it
Lilliana- right...
Kristy- now go!
Lilliana- alright, alright, I'm going

I walked up the stairs to Sam's room. I opened the door and saw him laying on his bed and playing on his phone. I closed the door and then I walked up to him and I took his phone out of his hands and he looked at me. He smiled but I didn't. His smile changed to confusion and he sat up. He grabbed my hands.

Sam- what's the matter?
Lilliana- I want you to talk to me...
Sam- *chuckle* I am talking to you
Lilliana- but you're keeping stuff from me
Sam- like what?

I sighed and sat down on his bed with him. He looked at me and I took a deep breath.

Lilliana- you've never told me anything about your dad...
Sam- there isn't much to talk about...
Lilliana- I would have known that if you told me you haven't heard from him in a year and a half

He sighed and looked down at our hands that were still in each other's. I let go of one of his hands and lightly pulled his chin up. He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

Lilliana- hey, look at me, it's ok. He isn't worth your tears... and you know what, he made you stronger. He shouldn't matter to you anymore, cause you don't seem to matter to him... Look at you now... you have your sister, and your brothers, and your mom, and me. We all care about you and love you sooo much more than you'll ever know... you're so much better than you're father will ever be
Sam- I know...

A tear fell down from his eye so I wiped it with my thumb and gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. I rubbed his back with my hand and he played with a strand of my hair. I let a tear fall from my eye and I laughed a bit.

Lilliana- now I'm crying...
Sam- *laugh* that's not surprising

I playfully hit his shoulder and he laughed.

Lilliana- you're mean!
Sam- oh you little baby, you're fine
Lilliana- I am not a baby!

I pouted and crossed my arms. He laughed at me and I did too. He cupped my cheeks with his hands and softly planted a kiss on my lips. I kissed him back and we both smiled into the kiss. We pulled away and I smiled and looked down at my hands. He kissed the top of my head and pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

Sam- will you go on a date with me?
Lilliana- what?
Sam- will you. go on. a date with me?
Lilliana- yeah...
Sam- really?
Lilliana- well duh, I wouldn't kiss you if I didn't want to go on a date with you
Sam- good point
Olivia- what?!

I look to the door and see Olivia standing there with Charlie. I look at Sam and he tries not to laugh.

Sam- I swear we can never have a moment alone
Lilliana- never.
Charlie- it's called lock the door
Olivia- omg, I'm calling the girls, you're coming with me

She grabbed my arm and pulled me off the bed. I fell off.

Lilliana- ow! Jesus ok, I'm coming!
Sam- *laugh* are you okay?!
Lilliana- *sarcastic* you sound so concerned
Sam- sorry sorry, but for real, are you okay?
Lilliana- *laugh* I'm fine

I got up from the floor and walked with Olivia to the kitchen where Liz and Kristy were.

Olivia- you will not believe what happened!
Kristy- what?
Olivia- ok ok, apparently Sam kissed Lilli, again, and he asked her out on a date, and she said yes!
Liz- no way!
Olivia- yes way! I saw it with my own two eyes
Lilliana- you didn't see us kiss
Olivia- ok, but you said it yourself that you did
Lilliana- that's because we did
Olivia- exactly my point!

I laugh at the girl's excitement and I walked over and sat down next to Kristy at the island. We talked a little bit, Elizabeth told us some about her wedding, and she asked me if I could design bouquets and center pieces with flowers, and I said yes, obviously.

Oooo this will be fun!