CHAPTER 10

IRENE

I was still sitting here at the chair at the side of her bed and after Lisa explained to me everything that has happened to her, from all the bullying act that kai's sister has acted upon her up to the latest physical abuse that she experienced from the siblings, all I can see now is red.

I was mad at them not because it is Lisa that they abused, (well, partially) but other than that, they should not abuse anyone because of silly things.

I also found out that only close people to tgeir family truly knows her and Jennie's identity so that those proud siblings are a bunch of clueless shts.

"Why didn't you tell your family about the bullying of winter?" I asked her.

"That's because I don't want to trouble my family. I can endure it. But now, they will find out what will happen and I cannot do anything about it and that's fine with me because I'm really tired of her games." I nodded at her.

There was silence between us then she spoke.

" Hey, joohyun. Come closer"

I came closer at her and I was startled when she held my head and...

"Stop frowning. It doesn't suit your beautiful face" she said while massaging the crease between my eyebrows. She smiled softly at me and then kissed my forehead. I blushed at her actions and said:

"O-Okay. It's just that, I'm worried about you and I'm mad at them. Look at you now, lying here in a hospital bed."

She lay down again and we just stilled in the comfortable silence. After a while, I sighed and
stood up to bend over to her for me to reach her face while she was laying down. Our faces were near at each other and our eyes were sharing a stare. She was blinking several times because it seemed like she cannot believe what I was doing. I know, I cannot seem to control myself when I'm around her and I just want to be near her everytime.

I caressed her cheeks while still looking at her eyes and talked to her softly in almost like a whisper.

"I like you, and it sucks seeing you here. Please recover quickly Lisayah. Let's go out if you're recovered already, yeah?"

When she nodded, I kissed her temple and stayed there for a couple of seconds, enjoying her scent and our closeness which was too good to be true.

I pulled out and stood up straight. I smiled at her and asked: "Are you hungry? Do you want me to prepare an apple for you? I brought couple of fruits before going here"

"Yes please. Thank you, Joohyun."

Then I proceeded slicing apples for her. After that, I was also the one who fed her. I know, she can eat on her own but why do you care? I like taking care of her 😌

LISA

My joohyun is very hands-on with me and gives her all to take care of me. Yes, 'my joohyun' if you have any problem with that then idc. Find your own joohyun and own her too ;)

After a while, joohyun decided to just order our foods for lunch because I am craving for some Mcdonalds. She was about to dial when suddenly the door burst open.

When we looked at it, four people came in with serious and cold faces.

"Uhmm, what's with the face?" i chuckled at them.

"Lisayah." Jieun unnie said seriously when they got near the bed.

"u-uhm.. W-what's with that face? Y'all are scaring me" I said scrunched eyebrows.

"L-lisayah. W-we saw the cctv footage of the scene w-where k-kai -" Jennie unnie was cut off by her uncontrollable sobs.

When I looked at them, they all have tears in their eyes.

"I-I'm sorry I weren't able to defend you lisayah" jieun unnie said while holding my right hand.

"I'm sorry lisa, I will never forgive him for what he did to you, he will pay for this." Jennie unnoe apologized too.

"Hey why are you sorry? It's not your fault, okay? I'm okay now. Please. I just wanna move on from all of this. Please can we just all forget this and move on? I don't care what you decided to do to him and to his daughter but please after I recover, I just wanna forget it all and move on. Can we do that? " I asked my family which earned nods of understanding.

" I'll take care of those kim siblings. Let me handle it, girls. And baby, please recover fast okay? I can't afford seeing you in this state." Dad said with brimming tears in his eyes.

Mom went closer to me and then kissed my forehead. "Please be well quickly, our big baby"

"Aish. Stop with the crying. I'm okay now. I just need to rest for a week or two then I'm good to go. Come here give me a hug y'all" I said to them while opening my arms wide.

They all hugged me and chuckled.

"well, what a dramatic scene. Just be well fast Lisayah, okay? I'll take care of what has happened." Dad said and smiled at me.

"ehem" we all heard a clearing of throat which we all looked at the person.

Oh sht. I forgot about the cute bunny.

"Oh unnie!" Jennie unnie said.

Before I can even introduce her to them, joohyun already spoke.

"umm... Annyeonghaseyo, Mr and Mrs Manoban, and Jieun" She bowed at them and waved shyly.

They exchanged greetings and formalities. After that, we all talked, well more of my family were asking Joohyun questions to know more about her. She sometimes ask questions but she's still shy tho haha what a cutie.

My family seem to like her because they were very warm towards her. At first they just know that joohyun is the leader of the group where Jennie unnie is in but now, they know her more as a person more than that.

I confronted Jennie unnie and jieun unnie after our parents bid goodbye, saying they were going to work on some things about what happened to me. I confronted my sisters about joohyun going here and they said that they both agreed, or my like planned on setting us two up to know more about each other. It worked tho. They don't really need to go with our parents to come with the investigation but they said that they used that opportunity to set us up. Hayyy what sneaky duo.

They said that they ship us both because they know that I will be in good hands when I'm with joohyun because jennie unnie knew her personality already and said that joohyun is not the kind who can't easily be attracted to someone and when she does, she will treat of that person dearly as she already saw how joohyun takes care of them and the people who is important to her.

After I already recovered, I decided that I'm gonna improve myself and not let others think of me lowly. I want to boost my confidence too so, I'll just probably change the way I look. I don't want to be the school nerd anymore (not that it was a bad thing, I just want to wear different styles this time, for a change; a good change.)

Author's Note:
Lame chap, I know haha. But the next ones... idk. Just read it hehe. ENJOY!

I'm too lazy to proofread, I apologize for the mistakes 😭

Annddd... Lisa's solo was announced. Have you seen Melon's August line-up??? I'm looking forward to their interactions 🤭