ೃ⁀➷𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 17: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒉 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔ೃ⁀➷

Marco's POV

"Star!!!! Time for school!!!!" I yelled downstairs.

I heard her groan. "UGHHHHH okayyyy"

I chuckled and decided to make her pancakes this morning.

I started humming "Space Unicorn" as I waited for her.

Yeah I know. It's my ringtone. It's catchy. It's supposed to be ironic.

I smiled as I flipped the pancakes slowly and watched as they hit the pan, sizzles pouring out of them.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It was my Star.

"Morning sleepy head! I made you your favorite! Chocolate chip pancakes, with a side of orange juice, made by yours truly." I smirked handing her her plate. "Your food, m'lady."

Star gushed. "Oh Marco!!! Thank you!! But don't call me that." She took the plate and sat at the table.

I chuckled and grabbed my backpack.

Star looked at me, pointing her fork. "Aren't you going to eat too?"

I shook my head. "I already ate." I threw my backpack on my back. "I'll wait for you outside!" I smiled and waited on the porch for her.

Star's POV

I swooned as he left.

Oh Diaz, such a gentleman.

I finished my breakfast and washed my dish. I grabbed my backpack and closed the door behind me.

"Ready?" Marco said putting his arm out.

"Ready." I smiled and linked my arm with his, and we both walked to school together.

Marco's POV

Yay!!! School!!! I smiled and held my girlfriends hand. Man it feels so good to say that. Girlfriend.

We walked in and all we heard was mumbling and commotion from other peers.

"Woahhh.. what's going on?" Star said looking around.

"I don't know, I'll ask somebody." I looked around as I walked with her through the hallways.

"Aha!!" I walked up to my buddies, Ferguson and Alfonzo who were talking against the lockers.

"Hey guys!! Do you know what everyone is talking about?" I said, full of curiosity as I stuck my hands in my pockets.

"Well apparently, Janna and some other person has gone missing." Alfonzo said like he was telling a scary story.

Star gasped. "JANNA BANANA?!" She had puppy dog eyes, and her hearts on her cheeks turned into tear drops.

I rubbed her back, comforting her. "We'll get her back, Star." I turned towards them again. "Who's the other person?"

Ferguson looked at me. "Well I know it's a girl, I don't know her name."

Alfonzo piped in. "Oh wait! She was in my history class. Her name was Y/N?"

My eyes widened.

Y/N.

The one girl I completely forgot about. The girl that I wanted to never talk to ever again. The girl who fell in love with me.

I stared down at the ground.

Alfonzo spoke up. "Hello? Marco? You there?"

I shook my head. "Oh sorry!! My mind went somewhere else." I nervously chuckled, rubbing my forehead.

Ferguson put a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay dude. It's hard to take in."

I nodded, smiling nervously. "Well! Star and I are gonna head to class. Thanks for telling us everything."

They nodded and walked off.

The school day went by and we just walked back in the house. Star with no hesitation grabbed my hand.

Star panicked. "We need to find them Marco. I'm scared.." She started pulling strands of her hair, and began biting on them.

I placed my hands on her shoulders. "Star, hey...it's gonna be okay. We found Glossaryk, we will surely find them as well."

Star looked me in the eyes. "Are you sure?" She sniffled.

I rubbed her cheek, wiping her tears with my thumb. "Absolutely."

Star hugged me tightly. "I'm worried about them Marco, I'm so so worried."

I closed my eyes taking in her embrace, rubbing circles on her back. "I... I'm worried about Janna mostly."

Star looked at me. "Why not Y/N?"

I looked away from her. "Because she's not important to me nor is she in my life anymore. I don't care about her. And you remembered what happened last time we were with her right?"

Star nodded. "Okay, I understand. But can we start searching now? Please?" She gave me puppy dog eyes.

I sighed.

"Fine." I gave in and she smiled running out the door.

I chuckled and looked at my living room for a second, kinda dozing off.

"MARCO COME ON!!!" She yelled at me out of impatient ness.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming. Geez Star." I stuck my hands in my pockets and closed the door behind me locking it.

She grabbed my hand and together we started our search looking for the missing girls.

I was specifically worried only about one though.