ೃ⁀➷𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8: 𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝑽𝒊𝒆𝒘. ೃ⁀➷

Marco's POV

Star and I danced under the blood moon. She was in a daze and I was trying to get her out of it.

"Star..." I say, trying to get her attention.

She just looked at me, like she was in a dream. "How did you know my name?"

I lifted my mask up quickly so she could see my face. "It's me! Marco!"

Star was shocked. "Marco?! What are you doing here?"

"Let's get out of here! This place is the worst."

I grab her by my hand as we were about to leave, but I got pushed down by her demon ex.

Tom slowly approaches me. I nervously crawl backwards.

"That dance... was meant... for ME!"

All of a sudden fire surrounded me, and I gulped.

I covered my face, knowing this was the end until I didn't feel fire on my face.

I open my eyes and see that Star froze him.

"Let's go, Marco." She says, walking away. I follow her.

The demon elevator brought us back to Star's balcony a few minutes later.

Star walks out holding her shoes. "UGH! So infuriating."

I shrugged. "I hate to say it, but I warned you about Tom."

Star turned towards me angrily. "No! YOU! You're infuriating!"

She throws her shoes at me.

"M-Me? I was just trying to help—"

"You don't trust me to do things by myself. I'm 14. I can handle a demon. " She leans on the balcony.

"I know you're trying to look out for me, but you have to let me figure things out on my own. I don't need a hero. I need a friend."

Friend. She doesn't want a relationship Marco, she just wants to be friends.

I felt awful. It was like I got punched in the chest.

I leaned on the balcony as well and took off my mask.

I sigh. "You're right. I should've trusted you. I'm sorry I ruined your night." I looked sadly at the ground, full of guilt.

"Welll, it wasn't a total disaster." Star took my hat off and winked. "Now I know you can dance."

We both laughed. "Hat hair! Woah we both said!" We paused. "The same thing!" "Okay stop that." She took her wand out and aimed it at me then we just started to laugh again.

I guess tonight was pretty special.

"Well that was new," she looked at me.

"Yeah, weird." I look at her.

"Wanna watch a movie tonight?" She smiles at me.

"Yeah sure! Let's go!"

We both walked inside and Star ran downstairs.

I laughed and looked around Star's room.

Geez. I know I saw it when she first came here, but I never saw it as close like right now.

I sat on star's bed and it felt lumpy. "Star did you leave your spellbook under the covers?" I lifted up the covers to reveal: Y/N.

Oh my gosh, I'm such a jerk. I completely forgot about her. I guess she went home. I pulled the covers over her body again and examined her.

She had earbuds in her ears, and looks like she's been crying?

I lift her phone to see what she was listening to. She's listening to f/s. (Favorite song) i remember she told me about that song. I turn her music off and tuck her in.

"Goodnight, Y/N. Sweet dreams." I smiled softly stroking her hair, and walked out.

Star was on the couch still in her dress, munching on chips.

"Finally!!! Are you ready?"

"Heck yeah!!!!" I say as I smile at her.
1 hour later~

We weren't even halfway done through the movie, and Star was sleeping on my shoulder.I turn the TV off. "Goodnight, Star." I slowly fall asleep as well, holding her by her waist.