🍰 "𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐩𝐚!"

"Papaaaa!!"

The piercing cries of Sora echoed in the whole house that had Kei running out of the bathroom before he can finish drying his hair, and down the stairs to the living room.

He was greeted by his daughter with her face down on the couch.

"Sora. What happened?"

Kei rushed to her side when Sora lifted her tear soaked face towards him as she sat up to embrace her dad.

"Papa... said... when small hand is on 4 and... big hand... is on 1 and 2... It's... Jungle time... but I can't find... Jungle..."

She sobbed and sniffled on what made her upset while nuzzling on her dad's newly changed shirt.

Four in the afternoon during weekdays means it's time for one of her favourite cartoon shows, Jungle Junction. But it's already past 4 and she still can't find her show on the television and that made her so upset.

He's trying his best to console her while making her face him so he can wipe her tears and snot after reaching for the box of tissue from the center table.

"It's okay. Maybe they are just resting for today. How about we watch another show?"

Sora blew on the tissue her father is holding for her.

"But I wanna see flagogo... they said today flagogos are coming..."

She looked down sniffling, still visibly upset for the unannounced break the show is having.

Sora isn't the kind of child who throws tantrums all the time like any other kids that's why he worries seeing his daughters tear stained face and pout. Her nose and cheeks are also red from crying too much. Far from the smiling child he always know.

He gotta do something. Anything to make his daughter happy again.

That's when until an idea popped in his mind.

"Sora, do you wanna go to the park?"

ㅡㅡㅡ

Kei and Sora stopped by an open field by the park where there are nets set up.

The walk to the park to their home is just a few minutes away but Sora never let go of his hand.

She's still upset, but also curious on why her papa suddenly asked her out in the park. And he even let go of her hand to walk a few feet away from her.

Kei turned towards his daughter with a yellow and blue ball in hand.

"Do you know what kind of ball is this?"

The little girl will always look at the photo album with her mom, and whe always see that ball. Even in her parent's room where it was displayed.

"Voweyball?"

"Do you know how to play volleyball?"

Sora shakes her head in response. Her attention and curiosity now at its peak.

Sure, she watches volleyball games of her Uncle Shoyo and Uncle Tobio on tv but she haven't seen it being played in real life.

She has seen on tv how they hit and pass the ball but seeing her father toss and jump to serve the ball to the other side of the net left her in awe.

The sound of the ball hitting the other side startled her and her eyes wide open.

Kei jogged to the other side of the net to pick up the ball he just served, for Sora to meet her halfway with wide eyes.

"Papa! Teach me voweyball! I want to hit the ball like papa!"

The signs of her crying earlier is already gone and is now replaced with her usual smiling face.

Her eyes seems to glimmer with her will to learn the sport her father still enjoys and love. And he's more than happy to share that experience as well with her.

🍓🍓🍓