🍰 "𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨?"

"Tsukishima Sora. Is it true that you made fun of your classmate's hair and called him pineapple?"

Sora, sitting on the couch while slowly nibbling on an orange nodded slowly with her head low in response to her mother.

Y/N rushed home that afternoon after getting a call from Sora's teacher that she got in a fight with a boy in their class.

Now, they're having a talk with their daughter sitting on the couch and them on the floor to meet their daughter eye to eye.

"Sora, what did we tell you when someone is talking to you?"

Kei asked while sitting beside his wife. In times like this, they already taught Sora even on an early age the proper way of communicating to people, specially to elders she is comfortable with.

Sora finished the piece of orange before slowly meeting her dad's eyes, then her mom's.

"Yes, mama. But I only called Ken-kun pineapple because he's being mean and he's always making fun of Kai-chan!"

This is definitely a different story than what they heard earlier. They only knew about the macaroon incident but not this one that Y/N and Kei exchanged glances.

"I know you only did that for Kai-chan, but you should've told your teacher about it first, or try to resolve it in a nice way than calling him names too. You can also tell mama and papa about it as well, okay?"

Y/N lectured her daughter in the most gentle way possible.

She admits that she's still new to parenting, Kei too, and they still lack of experience on how to resolve such issues when it comes to their daughter. But they're trying their best to make sure that Sora will grow as a strong and kind girl.

"Yes, mama. I'm sorry if I was mean too."

Sora's small lips pouted as she look back down on the plate of oranges on her lap, just to be pulled on a warm embrace by Y/N.

"I'm still proud of you, Sora-chan. Thank you for protecting your friend when she needed it. And because of that... we'll have your favorite curry for dinner!"

Sora pulled away from excitement. Now her lips on a wide and happy grin by the mention of one of her favorites.

"Thank you, mama!"

"Alright. I'll prepare our dinner so don't eat too much oranges, okay?"

Y/N stood up from sitting on the floor to make her preparations on the kitchen.

Kei and Sora remained by the living room so when she felt her dad staring at her, she returned and held the gaze. Thinking that her father wants to have a staring contest with her.

With a heavy sigh, Kei was the one to break his gaze and a smirk slowly made its way on his lips.

"So... did you really call him pineapple?"

Sora nodded while nibbling on another orange.

"That's my good girl."

She giggled when Kei reached out for his daughter's head to pet it lightly to show how proud he is that her daughter stood for herself, and for calling that boy the right name since he indeed looked like a pineapple.

"And and! I also call him not handsome because he's always calling us ugly!"

Kei's hand suddenly stopped from petting his daughter's head on what she said.

Without another word, he slowly get up from sitting on the floor and walked to their room in silence.

After making sure that the door is locked, he unplugged his phone from its charger and dialled a number that he haven't called yet.

"Tanaka-san..."

"Tsukishima..."

ㅡㅡㅡ

The next day, Kei dropped off Sora to her school as per usual before heading to work.

But instead of Kairi and her mom greeting them, there seems to be more people by the school gate than usual.

"Good morning, Sora-chan."

"Sora-chaaaaan!"

" 'cle Noyaaaaaa!!! 'cle Sahiiiii!!"

Sora rushed to her Uncle Daichi, Uncle Suga, and Uncle Asahi who is holding a tablet where her Uncle Noya is on a video call not wanting to miss this day for the two of their favorite girls.

Kei nodded at Ryuu and his former teammates from Karasuno, with the exception of Nishinoya, Shoyo, Yamaguchi, and Kageyama who are on a video call instead.

Daichi, who is already in his police uniform for his duty, crouched down to meet Kairi and Sora's height who are now enjoying the cookies that their Uncle Suga brought.

"Sora-chan, Kairi-chan. Can you tell us which one is Ken-kun?"

"Ken-kun?"

Sora, with still the cookie crumb on her cheek, pointed at the young kids at the school's mini playground who are now looking at them as well because of the unfamiliar adults by the gate.

"So that's Ken-kun, huh? Is it true that they called our beautiful Sora-chan and Kai-chan ugly?"

Sora and Kairi nodded as a response. But as the spokesperson of the two, Sora added:

"He's calling Kai-chan like that everyday so I always call him not handsome... Ah! Are you friends with Ken-kun's mama because you're a teacher too, 'cle Suga? Ken-kun's mama is really close with our teacher."

"Is that so?"

The adults turned their attention on the playground, specially to the boy that has spiky hair.

When they say that no one can bully their little crows. They mean no one.

Even with his back on the school gate, Ken stopped on climbing the ladder to the slides when he felt shivers run down his spine. Like he's being watched, judged.

'I wanna go home... mama...'

🍓 🍓 🍓