🍰 "𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲..."

"Papa?"

It's already past midnight when Kei, and his seniors finished catching up with the drinks they brought along with them.

Since it's already too late to let them go home, they laid out futons by the living room for a sleep over.

During all the chaos, Sora is already sleeping on her room when Kei decided to check on her after cleaning up with Akaashi. He was about to close the door to her room when he heard her small, sleepy voice call out to him.

Kei approached his daughter's bed, sitting beside her to fix the comforter that's giving her warmth.

"Go back to sleep, Sora."

"Mm... Papa?"

She held his hand with her eyes still half closed with the other arm embracing her favorite plushy.

"Can you tell me and Didi a story? Please?"

He still needs to proofread a report from work but how can he say no to his only daughter?

"What story do you want me to read?"

Kei was about to open the lampshade on the bedside table when Sora squeezed his hand.

"A story that makes papa happy?"

Something happy... huh?

There are a lot of things he wanted to tell her, stories that made him happy, and hopefully will make her feel the same way as well as she look back on them. 

Sora and Didi scoot on the other side of the bed to give her father enough space to lay down beside her. 

Once he's settled in the beside his daughter, Sora snuggled on his chest and made lay her head on his arm comfortably like they usually do during story time..

Kei brushed his fingers along her soft yellow hair as he start his story.

"Once upon a time..."

-----

"Kei, don't panic! You should calm down! Everything will be okay!"

"Nii-san, you're the one who's panick-"

"He's right, Tsukki. Just stay calm!"

Tsukishima just sighed at his bother and bestfriend's  panic state beside him.

They've been waiting for about 15 minutes now, yet there is still no sign of Y/N, and everyone is already wondering where she could be.

Everyone is in their best today, even their friends from the volleyball team and their former seniors from another school. Specially their family who has been looking forward on this day, now getting worried on where she could be.

He knows she'll be there. She'll come for him.

That's why when the soft music started and the door to the venue opened, everyone was in relief.

Relief that she's finally here, holding on to her father who is trying his best not to cry along with the others.

The room seems to brighten up from her white dress that match his. The flowers that seems to be blooming in her hands. And her smile.

The people around them seems to fade out. His eyes can only see her as she walk down the aisle.

If he could, he would meet her halfway and just take her right then and there.

So when she finally reach him, and took his hand. His lips matched her loving smile. 

The ceremony started with a lot of sniffles on the background, and tears. But he didn't mind all of them. His full attention is on Y/N.

"Sorry I'm late, Kei-kun."

Y/N leaned in on him, whispering in apology.

"I was looking for this."

She raised their intertwine hands to show him the golden dangles on her wrist, the bracelet he gave to her the second time he asked her out.

He can still remember that time like it only happened yesterday. He can't bare the sight of her being confessed by someone else, to hell, he didn't even want to think about it.

If  he had let his coward self take over that time, he wouldn't be here beside her. Exchanging vows and promises about the future they'll share for the rest of their lives.

He wouldn't be able to hold her hand, and slide the ring in her finger.

Why was it so hard for him to express his feelings? Why was it so hard to tell her that he loves her before?

Who cares about that past now? She made him realize how wonderful it is to be loved, and love someone.

"I know pronouㅡ"

He was too impatient to wait for the officiator to finish the ceremony that he already kissed his wife in front of their family and friends.

"Whoo!! That's our Tsukki dude!"

"Way to go, megane!"

In the past, he would definitely glare at his two seniors for making a scene but he can only share a smile with Y/N. 

No. It's not just 'Y/N' now. 

It's Tsukishima Y/N.

-----

"So the princess married the dinosaur prince? That's nice."

Sora looked up to her father with sleepy eyes, to which he returned with a small smile and a nod.

"And they live happily ever after?"

Kei gently pulled Sora to lay her head on his chest, placing a kiss on top of her head.

Sora returned snuggling on him, and drape an arm as far as she can to embrace him.

"Yeah... and now they are with a beautiful little princess."

When Kei didn't get any response from his daughter, he took a peek on her small face to see her sleeping with her lips slightly agape from her cheeks being pressed against his chest.

He can't help a small chuckle seeing her adorable state. Embracing her closely to him as he too is being pulled into sleep.

"I love you, Sora."

🍓 🍓 🍓