🍰 "𝐏𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰..."

"Waaaaa~ your sandwich looks yummy, Kai-chaaaan!"

Sora's eyes sparkled seeing the colorful and fruity sandwhich of her seatmate and friend, Kairi, the 2nd child of her Uncle Ryuu and Aunt Kiyoko.

The two children are of the same age that's why they get along well. With Kairi being a few months older than Sora.

"Let's share, Sora-chan."

Kairi offered with her soft voice and a smile. Two of the many traits she got from her mother.

The little Tsukishima gladly accepted a slice of the sandwhich, then removed the top layer of her lunchbox to offer Kairi a macaron.

"Here you go, Kai-chan. You like yellow so I'll give you yellow!"

Her eyes sparkle at the bright colored pastry while reaching out a hand to receive the shared snack.

Unfortunately, Kairi wasn't able to hold the macaron when it fell off of Sora's hand because of a flying squeaky ball.

The two children watched in horror as the yellow pastry touched the floor.

Sora was more worried about Kairi since it's her favorite. So seeing her friend almost in the verge of tears made her glare at the laughing group of boys at the back of the classroom who are throwing toys at each other.

ㅡㅡㅡ

"Kidsㅡ"

"YOUR EARS ARE BIG! YOU LOOK LIKE A RABBIT!!"

"WELL YOUR HAIR IS UGLY! IT LOOKS LIKE A PINEAPPLE THAT DIDN'T GROW. JUST LIKE YOU!!"

"S-stop, Sora-chan. I'm okay. I can just have another color of macaroㅡ"

Kairi lightly tugged on Sora's dress from behind, trying her best to calm her angry bestfriend.

They're teacher has been trying to calm the two kids who have been fighting since lunch, but they just won't stop. As a last resort, she called on their parents to let them know of what was happening.

"No! I saved the yellow macoon for Kai-chan but the ugly pineapple hit it with a baㅡ"

Sora was interrupted with a loud laugh from the boy she's been arguing with, who is also pointing at her in his laughter.

"You can't even say macaron right!"

Sora fumed at that statement, clenching her small fist on her sides.

"So what? Can you even spell macoon, huh?"

"Of course, I can! M-a... m-a..."

The little boy trailed off while thinking of the next letter to complete the word macaron.

It's taking him a lot of time thinking that Sora huffed with a smirk, crossing her arms over her chest in confidence.

"Ken-chan! Are you alright?"

"Mamaaaaa!"

The little boy, run towards her mother with tears in his eyes, then pointed at Sora to tell her off to his mother.

"W-we were just playing when that rabbit throw a ball at me."

He ended with a sniffle and the two girls are more than shocked at how he can lie on what happened.

"How dare you do that to my Ken-chan?"

"Let's please calm down. It's a small children's argument, and that happens a lot of timesㅡ"

The teacher walked in between her students and the angry mother.

"No. I'm so careful with my son and she will just do that! I want to speak with her parents right away or elseㅡ"

"Or else what?"

They all turned their attention to the door where the voice came from. There stood Kei with his usual stoic expression.

"Papa!"

Sora rushed to her father who meet her halfway, dragging Kairi along with her who bowed at the older Tsukishima in front of them in greeting.

Ken's mother just stood staring at the taller man before her, rather speechless at how young he still looks despite having a 4 year old daughter.

"I apologize if my wife can't come, sensei. She's currently out of town for an event but she'll be here tomorrow."

Kei bowed at the teacher who returned the gesture to greet Sora's father.

"So, as I was saying..."

The mother clear her throat to get their attention, now all smiles in front of Kei who didn't even budge at her pretence so he just turned his attention at the two girls in front of him.

"Sora, Kairi. Mind explaining what happened?"

The two exchanged glances first before turning back to meet Kei who crouched down before them. Kairi was the first to speak since she felt like it was her fault after all.

"Sora-chan wants to give me the yellow macaron but... Ken-kun and his friends throw a ball at macaroon..."

She pointed at the macaron on the floor under their table.

"I didn'tㅡ"

"You did! Lying is bad, pineapple!"

"Tsukishima Sora."

Kei called out her daughter to which she immediately lowered her head with a pout. It's really rare for her father to call her by her full name so whenever he do, it means that she did something bad.

He turned to Ken's mother, who visibly flinched at his gaze.

"I know you're over protective when it comes to your son, but please hear the children out first before shouting at them next time specially if it's your son who started it first."

The mother flushed in embarrassment for being lectured by another parent, a handsome one as well that is definitely her type.

"You too, Sora. We'll talk later at home. "

"Yes, papa..."

And that's when she knew she'll be in trouble too.

🍓🍓🍓