Chapter 6: catch me while I fly

Start from the beginning

She didn't say anything else she just watches the videos silently. Her head is propped up on heads with her elbows on the counter. I start to make eggs and toast for breakfast.

They watch the videos silently while I get the food ready. The videos all finish when I'm done with there food.

"Your foods ready"

"Thanks" they say at the same time.

"So Ella me and your daddy where talking and we thought it would be nice to go to the beach for a little. How does that sound?"

"Oh that would be so fun, and can daddy swim with me?"

"Yes of course I can" kade answered her.

She ate quickly and the hoped down from her stole and raced up stairs to change into her swimsuit.

"I should hate you" kade whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

"Yes you should" I knew he should, I hope he didn't.

"But I can't" he sounded broken.

"Why not?" How could I not ask

"Because-

He's interrupted by our daughter "mommy daddy I'm ready!"

"Ok baby mommy and daddy have to go get dressed wait here" we the. Walk back up to my room and got dressed. Before we went out I turned around and told kade.

"That conversation is not over." He just nods and we walk down to get Ella and go to the beach.

We only brought snacks because we didn't plan to stay the whole day. I wonder what was after that 'because', I wonder if I wanted to know.

"Let's go into the water" Ella says looking up at us with a smiley face.

"Of course lest get you into your swimmers so we can go out farther today, how dose that sound?"

"Yess!" She's so happy.

We go out in the water, kade has no problem standing but in on my tiptoes. Ella is going around I circles she has been nothing but smiles since kade got here.

"Can you stand?" Kade asked with a smirk.

"Yes" I said rolling my eyes.

He walked towards me, " on really"

"Mhm"

He then picked up up and throws me farther into the water like I'm the weight of a feather. I come up for air gasping because I was not ready for that.

Ella sees me gasping and yells " I'll come save you mommy!" She comes over to me and drags me while I kick under water, to safety.

"How could you" I playfully slap Kade's chest.

"It was a perfect opportunity how could I not" he says looking down at me.

I splash him. Ella seas me do this and starts splashing him to. It's us against him until he goes under water and picks me and Ella up in his arms.

"My girls are really ganging up on me like that?" He ask mimicking fake shock.

I try to push away while saying "you deserve it"

"Ya what she said" Ella backs me up making a pouty face.

Kade and I laughs at Ellas cute little face.

"Fine if it's gonna be like that" he then throws us into the water. We come up laughing. Him being here feels right, I wish he could stay here forever.

"Attack!" Ella yells. I do just that

We slash kade and he splashed back for a while till we are all just laughing. We have been having the best time when we get your it's already 2:00pm.

"Let's go home and have some lunch" I say

The both say yes and kade picks up Ella and puts her On his shoulders. He has fit right into the father roll no problem.

We go home have lunch, play games all day, have dinner then Ella has her bath and is now in her bed sleeping. Im cleaning the kitchen when cold hands wrap around my waist and move to 'help' clean the dishes.

"What are you doing?"

"Helping" I laugh at that.

We finish up cleaning and go sit on the couch.

"What was after the because?" I ask.

"I was going to say because you are impossible to hate, you raised a beautiful daughter all by your self, you obviously won't ok but you had to make sure your daughter was ok so instead of admitting your pain you hid it."

"What happens now?" I don't want him to leave I want him to stay forever.

"Now? I don't know, I do back in 4 days and come visit when I can for as long as I can"

"What if Ella wants more" I don't want to admit to wanting more just yet.

"Like I said before I'll try to hand of responsibility to others. I will not lose you or Ella again. I will protect you both with everything I have." He puts his hand on my knee.

I'm just looking down, I don't know what to say.

"Is there a way out of the mafia?" I know there isn't but maybe it's changed.

"Come on you know the only way out is death" I just nod my head.

He places his finger cinder my chin lifting my head up to look at him. He's looking at me so deeply like he can see my soul.

"I won't lose you do you here me? I will take a bullet for you before anyone can hurt you."

"But what about you, I don't want you to die or get hurt because of me."

"Aww are you worried about me darling"

I shove him " of course I am"

"Good"

He leans down as kisses me. It's a soft kiss. I could get lost In the way he kissed. Both of his hands are on Esther side of my face.my hands and on his chest.

We kiss for what feels like hours. We breaks apart both panting for breath.

"We should go to bed" he says

I nod, I don't think I can form words right now.

We go shower and get dressed for bed. I am in bed right away but kade is talking on the phone pacing around the room.

He says stuff like "find it" "dose is sound like I'm joking" "don't make me regret this" I barely pay attention to what he is saying, he has his shirt off so I'm just admiring his abb's.

He finally got off the phone and came to bed. He didn't say anything just laid down next to me and hugged me to his chest so my face was in his neck. I fell asleep to his breathing and soft heartbeat.

TikTok: classy_scorpi0
Comment and vote💋