For You

So this was it, the throne room of the gods. You would be lying if you said you weren't intimidated. The only thing that made you more scared than the twelve olympians staring down at you from their thrones was Thalia's shield. You look over at Thalia, despite everything that had just happened, you smile. What had just happened? You got back from a nerve wracking quest full of death. You battled Luke's army of titans and Atlas on Mount Othrys. In the mist of the battle, Thalia kicked Luke off of a cliff, which was the less heartbreaking death. You would've felt bad for Luke if he hadn't betrayed Thalia and Annabeth. The most heartbreaking death was Zoë Nightshade, who's memory now lived on in the stars.

Despite the gods talking, you only cared about Thalia. Thalia looks around and notices you staring. She smiles at you, which made your heart do a flip. How was she so effortlessly beautiful?

 You tear your attention away from each other when Artemis speaks up. "I shall have a new lieutenant. If she will accept it."

"No." Percy murmurs, though you weren't sure why.

Artemis looks at Thalia, her expression softens. "Thalia. Daughter of Zeus. Will you join the hunt?"

Stunned silence filled the room. You stared at Thalia once more, unable to believe what you were hearing. This wasn't happening, you felt sick. Artemis couldn't take Thalia away from you, she couldn't take the only person who was there for you away. And no matter how much you repressed them, deep down you knew that you had feelings for Thalia. If she joined the hunt, you would rarely ever see her again, that thought made you want to throw up.

Annabeth smiles. She squeezes Thalia's hand and let it go, as if she'd been expecting this all along. Thalia looks back over at you, her shocked expression softens. A smile twitches at the corner of her lips before she turns back to Artemis. "I'm sorry, but no. I don't want to leave-" She stops herself, as if she was about to say something that she didn't want to. "I don't want to leave my friends behind." Artemis nods as a feeling of relief washes over you. The rest of the night goes by in a blur.

After leaving Mount Olympus, you head back to camp. It was night time and you were standing on the beach, staring out at the ocean. The stars reflected off of the lake, casting a beautiful scene. You jump as you hear a familiar voice next to you. "Are you looking for her constellation as well?"

You turned your head towards the voice, Thalia was standing there with her arms crossed as she looked up at the sky. The moonlight reflected perfectly off of her face, making her look ethereal. She was dressed in her usual punk rock attire, which she pulled off every time. Your brain took a minute to process the question because your eyes were too busy staring at Thalia. She was talking about Zoë, when she had died, Artemis made her into a constellation. You looked up at the sky, your eyes searching for her.

Thalia points to an assortment of stars. "There." You follow where she's pointing with your eyes. In the middle of the billions of stars was a new constellation, it looked like a girl who was pulling her bow string back, aiming upwards.

A smile pulls at the corners of your lips. You look back over at Thalia, who's expression was filled with despair. After having to handle killing her oldest friend and watching someone die, it looked like she was ready to break down. You reach out and gently squeeze her shoulder, letting her know that she wasn't alone. She uncrosses her arms and wraps them around you, making you hug back. She buries her face in the crook of your neck as you rest your chin on her shoulder. You close your eyes, you could feel all of your emotions come tumbling down on you. You squeeze her tighter, she responds by rubbing your back.

"Hey... we're gonna be okay. Do you wanna go on a walk?" Thalia asks, which earns a nod from you.

You pull away and Thalia offers you her hand, you gladly take it. You walk through the camp in silence until you reach the woods, which is when you decide to strike up a conversation. "So... I guess this means you're the child of the prophecy, huh?"

Thalia lets out a forced laugh. "Yeah, I guess so..." You walk in silence for a while until Thalia breaks it. "Do you think I'm selfish? For not accepting the offer? I mean, I could've been immortal, but now we only have a limited amount of time until the war, with the whole turning sixteen against all odds thing..."

You shake your head. "No. I don't think you're selfish. You have to choose your own path in life, and that was your decision. You can't spend your life questioning your decisions."

Thalia smiles. "Jeez, when did you become all wise?"

You laugh. "I don't know. I just kinda say stuff and hope that it might mean something."

Thalia caresses your hand with her thumb, making your heart rate speed up. "Well, it does mean something to me. Thank you."

You walk for a while, enjoying each other's company. You were thrilled that she didn't join the hunters, you didn't know what you would've done without her. You kick a nearby stone and send it skittering against the ground. "Why didn't you join the hunters?" Sure the question came out of nowhere, but your ADHD made you blurt stuff out sometimes. "I mean- I totally support your decision, I'm just curious."

Thalia stops, forcing you to stop in your tracks. She lets go of your hand and lets her arm drop to her side. She turns to face you, her electric blue hues pierce into your e/c hues. Most people found her eyes scary and intimidating, but you found them beautiful and mesmerizing. "Y/n... I want to tell you so many things, but I'm terrified to."

You shrug. "Sometimes you gotta face the things that you want to turn away from, life's too short not too."

Thalia takes your hands in hers and lets out a deep sigh. "Well... when Artemis asked me to be her lieutenant, all I could think about was you. I couldn't leave you behind, you mean too much to me." As her words flow over you, you feel yourself blush. "You mean the world to me, you really do. Being immortal would mean that I would have to watch you die, and I couldn't bear that. I would rather be the child of the prophecy and face Kronos himself than leave you. And I know that that sounds crazy, but I can't think straight when I'm around you. I... I like you, y/n. Like, a lot."

Your eyes scan her face, looking for any hint of sarcasm, but there was none, she was being completely serious. "Thalia... I like you too. That's why I was so relieved when you didn't join the hunters, I couldn't bear the thought of losing you."

Thalia grins and takes a step forward, leaving only a few inches of room between you two. "I guess we can't bear the thought of loosing each other, huh?" Your breath hitches as Thalia's head dips down, you were fully aware of how close your lips were now.

You study her lips, wondering what they would feel like against your own. "Yeah, I guess so..." Thalia's eyes trail down to your lips, she brings her hand up to slowly caresses your cheek with her thumb. You find yourself closing your eyes, waiting for the feeling of Thalia's lips against yours. Soon enough, you feel lips touching yours. As you move your lips against hers, you wrap your arms around her neck. She responds by wrapping her arms around your waist and tilting her head to deepen the kiss. Soon enough, you're wrapped in the daughter of Zeus's arms as you make out with her under a sky full of stars.