girls

A/N: yes i did use a girl in red song as the title because idk what else to put for this

You were cleaning the weapons in the armory when you felt someone's arms wrap around your waist. "Hi!"

You nearly scream and take their head off with the sword you were cleaning, but when you turned around and realized that it was just Thalia, you started bouncing up and down excitedly. "Thals!" You set the sword down and wrap your arms around her. "I thought you were off doing hunters of Artemis stuff?"

She hugs you back and smiles. "Well, we were in the area and thought we'd visit, and I wanted to ask you a question." She holds out her hand for you. "Let's talk somewhere more private."

She takes you to the creek in the woods and you two sit on a nearby rock. Being so close to Thalia, you realize just how much you missed her. She starts bouncing her leg. "Feel free to say no, I'm not forcing you to do this or anything. But..." She takes your hand in hers, which made you get butterflies. Why were you getting butterflies? She gazes into your e/c eyes. "How would you like to join the hunters of Artemis?"

You stare into her piercing blue eyes. "Yeah! Of course I'd wanna join!"

Thalia smiles and caresses your hand with her thumb. "Great!"

As the months go on, you learn about being a hunter of Artemis. You also get to see Thalia a lot more.

 One night when the rest of the hunters were asleep, you and Thalia decided to stay up and talk in front of the camp fire. After a while of talking, you and Thalia had subconsciously started to stare into each others eyes, the only sound you could hear was the crackling of the fire. Thalia scoots closer to you. You could feel your heart rate speed up, which only happened around Thalia, and you had no idea why. She smiles at you. "You have really pretty eyes. Hell, you're really pretty..."

You could feel yourself blushing. A giggle escapes your lips. "Thank you. You're really pretty too..."

Thalia's eyes trail down to your lips, and you find yourself subconsciously leaning towards her. Thalia leans in as well, cupping your face in her hands as she does. Your lips only graze, because you hear a rustling in the bushes and pull away. You divert your attention from each other and stare at the bushes. Thalia nocks an arrow, you do the same. The most terrifying monster of them all, a bunny, runs out of the bushes and scampers away. Thalia bursts into a fit of giggles. "Gods, I really thought that was gonna be a Minotaur or something." Thalia locks eyes with you, and you remember that you were just about to kiss. Wait, you were just about to kiss Thalia, who was a girl. Did you like girls?

You get up from the log and awkwardly brush your pants off. "Uh, is it okay if I go to bed? I'm kinda tired."

"Oh yeah, of course. I should probably get to bed too." She gets up and smiles at you before walking into her tent. You crawl into your tent, wondering what to do with this new information.

Over the next few days, you start distancing yourself from everyone, trying to figure yourself out. Thalia seemed to notice, because one night she peeked inside of your tent. "Hey, can I come in?"

You stare at her for a few seconds before answering. "Yeah, of course."

She unzips the tent the rest of the way before coming in. She sits down next to you and looks at you. "Hey, is everything okay?"

You stare at the ground for a while before responding. "I-I don't know."

Thalia rests a hand on your shoulder, which makes you look at her. "Hey, if you need to talk, I'm here."

You look into her electric blue hues, gods, they were beautiful, just like her. "Have you ever been confused, like with yourself?"

Thalia nods. "Oh yeah, definitely. Why?"

"Well... you're gay, right? How did you discover your sexuality?"

Thalia looks up at the top of the tent and thinks about the question. "Well... I think I realized that I only experienced romantic feelings for women, not men. Like, I would date and marry a women, but thinking about myself doing that with a man makes me want to projectile vomit."

You crack a smile, something you haven't done in days. "I think... I think I like women."

Thalia smiles and pats your shoulder. "Welcome to the club, y/n"

You sit in silence for a while before you ask a question. "Wait, you've thought about dating and marrying women? I thought we couldn't date, since we're hunters."

Thalia smiles. "That rule only applies to men, we can still date women."

You smile back, a realization slowly dawning on you. "You know, I haven't kissed a girl before..."

Thalia's smile starts getting bigger. "What are you implying, y/n?"

You giggle. "I think you know..."

"You want me to kiss you, don't you?"

All you can manage is a nod, it felt like your heart was about to leap out of your chest.

"Well, if this is your first kiss, we have to make it a good first kiss, don't we?" Thalia straddles your waist, no doubt you were flustered beyond belief now. She cups your face in her hands and smiles. She leans in and closes the distance in between your lips, making your eyes flutter shut. You awkwardly move your lips against hers at first until you get the hang of it. Thalia runs her fingers through your hair as you kiss, your hands settle on her hips. She tilts her head to deepen the kiss, and soon enough you're making out with the daughter of Zeus.

You reluctantly pull away for breath and Thalia gets off of you. She looks over at you and smirks. "Was I a good first kiss?"

You nod. "Definitely."