The Fates Are Cruel

A/N: this is going to be a little bit more angsty, and it's going to mention blood in it. it'll also contain burning maze spoilers, so if you're not interested in that kind of stuff i wouldn't suggest reading this one

You were currently stumbling towards the house that you and Thalia shared. Blood was splattered on your clothes, some of it was yours, some of it wasn't. Blood poured out of the wound in your abdomen area, staining your shirt red. How did you end up like this? Poseidon had lost his trident, so you, Percy, Annabeth and Grover went on a quest to retrieve it. You agreed to go on the quest because it's been years since only you four went on a quest together. You didn't think it would be challenging since you've went on more dangerous quests before, but you were wrong. You guys were in the process of returning the trident when everything went down hill. You were ambushed by dozens of cyclops. You had killed all of them except one, as you guys were working on killing it, it jabbed you with its spear, right in the abdomen. Seconds after it stabbed you Annabeth managed to kill it. Grover had tried playing a song on his reed pipes to heal you, but it didn't work. Percy called his pegasus, Blackjack, and ordered him to take you to camp so you could be healed. Percy hoisted you up onto Blackjack and Blackjack took to the skies, determined to get to camp. So why weren't you at camp? You begged Blackjack to take you to the house that you shared with Thalia, because you had healing supplies there and you wanted to see her. You didn't know if he could understand you, but you hoped he could. Luckily he reluctantly complied, so you were now stumbling towards your front door. The real reason you wanted to go home instead of camp was because you knew you were going to die. If you had went to camp they wouldn't have been to heal you, and you would've died without getting to say goodbye to Thalia. But you couldn't have told Blackjack the real reason, he was a rather stubborn pegasus. You were staring to get lightheaded, there wasn't much time left. Just a few more steps... You wanted to slump against the door and stay there, the pain was agonizing, but you had to see her. You manage to stand without tipping over, a weak fist comes up and knocks on the door. You hear shuffling around from inside, Thalia opens the door, she looked excited at first to see you, but that excitement quickly turned into fear when she saw your condition. You fall forward and Thalia catches you.

"Y/n... what the hell happened."

She hurries inside and kicks the door shut behind you. You weakly grab onto her arms and try to steady yourself, but you just slump against her.

"I-I cant stand any longer, I need to lay down."

Thalia takes you in her arms as carefully as possible, making sure she doesn't cause you anymore pain. She sinks down to the floor so you're now sitting in her lap, your head falls on her shoulder and stays there. Tears were forming in Thalia's eyes, her eyes, you've always loved her eyes, you could get lost in them for hours. Thalia takes her leather jacket off, which takes longer than usual because she was holding onto you. She lays her jacket over your wound and applies pressure to try and stop the blood from pouring out. You knew that it was too late for that, Thalia probably knew it too, but she wanted to deny it.

"What happened, where are they?"

You assumed she was talking about Percy, Annabeth and Grover. You take a deep breath before responding.

"They're currently returning the trident. We got ambushed by cyclops, we almost killed all of them, but the last one got me..."

A sudden realization hits you, you let out a laugh, which probably wasn't appropriate at the moment.