Chapter 2

Fireheart padded out of the camp, his apprentice, Emberpaw, following close behind.  arriving at the sandy hollow, he was just about to turn around and tell Emberpaw the days' lesson topic when he heard a Paine yowl come from the top of the hollow. 

"How did you just wrench your shoulder walking?" Fireheart asked, feeling exaggeration well up in his chest. Fireheart was in the medicine den, looking over Emberpaw as the medicine cats put a poultice on his shoulder. "How should I know?" Emberpaw asked, "I was just about to jump down when my shoulder gave away!" Fireheart sighed. All he wanted to do was spend spend a sunset with his son, training to be a warrior. "I hope you recover, because us mentors agreed that you apprentices will have your hunting assessment in a quarter moon."  Fireheart padded out of the den, only to run into Spottedleaf, "is Emberpaw okay?" she asked, worry glinting in her amber gaze. "Yes," Fireheart replied, "he's okay." padding over to Mousefur, he ordered her to take her apprentice, Spottedpaw, and thorn claw out on patrol. picking up a piece of fresh kill, he plopped down on the edge of the clearing and tucked into his mouse, relishing the sweet familiar flavor.