Chapter 1

"Let all those cats old enough to catch their own prey join under the highrock for a clan meeting!" Bluestars commanding yowl ringed across the clearing.  Stretching, Fireheart padded out into the clearing, taking up a position beneath the highrock. "Today,  we shall celebrate two new warriors!" she announced, "Sandpaw, Dustpaw, come forward!" ""I have spoken with your mentors and they have agreed that you are both ready to receive your warrior names." leaping down from the highrock, she mewed, "I, Bluestar, leader of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices, they have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn." "Dustpaw, Sandpaw, do you agree to uphold the warrior code and protect your clan even at the cost of your life?" "I do!" Sandpaw and Dustpaw chorused, their fur bristling with excitement. "then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. from now on, Sandpaw will be known as sandstorm, and Dustpaw will be known as Dustpelt." resting her muzzle on the two new warriors head in turn, they licked her shoulder in respect and padded back to join the warriors. a mixture of yowls and murmurs of congratulations rose up from the gathered clan. "according to clan tradition, you will both sit vigil tonight." Bluestar informed them as the noise went down.  Fireheart  felt a prickle of pride when he taught of how close his son was to becoming a warrior and what a great medicine cat Leafpool is. his fur prickling with excitement, he called Emberpaw out for a training session.