Chapter 3

Fireheart dashed through the forest, Graystripe right in front of him.  He was on his first warrior mission, to bring WindClan back to their rightful home.  As they neared the border of WindClan, they scented a RiverClan patrol, attempting to hunt rabbits.  They dodged the RiverClan patrol and headed for the WindClan camp, once in the camp, Fireheart and Graystripe quickly picked up the faint scent of WindClan. 

Fireheart halted in the dark tunnel, touching Graystripes nose with h is tail to stop him from advancing.  In front of them was the WindClan warriors, drawn up in a battle line, ready to attack. "Tallstar, we come in peace.  This is Thunderclan,  we have defeated and exiled Brokenstar.  The clans need you back," Fireheart announced. "Then we go at once" Tallstar decided, a hunted look still in his eyes.

Fireheart padded into the Thunderclan camp, Graystripe trailing behind him.  he told Bluestar that they had found WindClan,  and then went off to find Spottedleaf. "hey Spottedleaf, Im back," he whispered in her ear. "oh, hello Fireheart, it has been two moons! How was the mission?" Spottedleaf asked, grooming his back. "it was fine, although it was very exhausting." Fireheart answered, "It was so  windy on the mo-" he was cut off by Bluestars yowl, summoning the clan for a meeting.  "two kits are now ready to be apprenticed," Bluestar mewed formally, "Cinderkit, Brackenkit, come forward!" "from now on you'll be named Cinderpaw and Brackenpaw!" Bluestar announced. "Cinderpaw will be mentored by Mousefur, while Brackenpaw will be mentored by Graystripe!" As Fireheart joined the clans celebration, he felt a tiny prickle of disappointment that he still didn't have an apprentice.  Its probably for the best, he thought, I'm not that experienced. But then again,  Graystripe got an apprentice!  Fireheart sighed, he should just be patient, someday he'll get one.