Chapter 1

Firepaw trotted behind Graypaw, his new friend, around the large clearing.  After Longtail had provoked him by taunting him for being a kittypet, he had foolishly launched himself at the older and more importantly, trained cat. Although in Firepaw's perspective, he did quite well, he was in one piece and even gave long tail a nick on his ear.   After the exhausting  fight Bluestar had accepted him into Thunderclan as an apprentice.  He has been following Graypaw as he gave him a tour around the camp.  "so, this is the warriors den," Graypaw said as they poked their heads into a large bush at the back of the clearing. "the older warriors usually have the spots closer to the middle because they got to be there before the other, younger, warriors. its also the warmest spot in the den," as they cworked their way around the clearing, Graypaw pointing out the elders den, which was a large hollow log and the nursery which was a prickly thorn thicket to keep out intruders.  Finally,  they arrived at the apprentices den, it was kind of like a miniature warriors den. " The apprentices are you, me, Sandpaw, Dustpaw, and Spottedpaw. Hey! There she is now, I'll go was her up for you!" "HEY SPOTTEDPAW!! wake up you lazy furball, the new apprentice is here!" he yowled, prodding Spottedpaw in the side. "Graypaw? cant you see I'm asleep?" Spottedpaw hissed, a lively glimmer in her warm amber eyes. " the new apprentice is here" Graypaw repeated, shoving Firepaw nearer. Firepaw stared into her clear amber eyes.  Graypaw purred with amusement. "so Spottedpaw, this is Firepaw, the new apprentice. Firepaw, this Spottedpaw, one of the apprentices.  ok, ok the introduction is over! Come on Firepaw, let's go get something to eat. You'll go training with us tomorrow!"

Firepaw swiped his young around his jaws, savoring the taste of his first mice. "how'd you like it ?" he asked, demolishing his vole in a few large bites. "mmmm, love it," Firepaw replied, craving for another one. "well, you better get some sleep or else you wont get through training tomorrow,"  Training! Firepaw thought excitedly, he couldn't wait.