Chapter 3

Fireheart gaped at his leader,  still taking in her tale.  According to Bluestar, Mistyfoot and Stonefur were her kits, but she gave them up to Riverclan to prevent Thistleclaw from becoming deputy.  Finally, he got up. "Thanks for sharing that with me Bluestar," Fireheart mewed, still stunned. "I don't expect you to repeat this conversation with anyone," Bluestar ordered, seeming to have shaken off her sadness. "yes Bluestar," Fireheart promised, pushing out of the leaders den.

Fireheart purred,  Emberkit scampering over him. "When I Finnish my training, I'll be the best warrior this forest has ever seen!" He declared, turning to ask his sister, "what about you?" "I want to be a medicine cat when I grow up!" Leafkit decided.  "Remember Emberkit, you still have to finish your apprentice training,"  Fireheart told Emberkit,  just as excited to see his son and daughter become apprentices.  "Just one more moon!" Fireheart couldn't wait. 

About one moon later...

"Fireheart, Fireheart!!! Im becoming an apprentice! Im becoming an apprentice!!!!" Emberkits excited voice sounded from behind him.  Fireheart beamed, just as excited as his son.  He was going to have an apprentice!  Spottedleaf approached, her eyes glimmering with pride.  She began to groom Emberkit,  while he scampered around with barley suppressed excitement.  

Fireheart bounded up the ravine, waiting for Emberpaw to catch up. Emberpaw was assigned to Fireheart, as promised by Bluestar, and Leafpaw was being mentored by Featherwhisker.  the two medicine cats stayed in the ravine as the elderly medicine cat showed Leafpaw some basic herbs and their uses. Fireheart jumped up as Emberpaw reached him, still panting from the run up the ravine.  "Today, we see the thunderclan territory," Fireheart told Emberpaw, breathing in the cool, fresh air and the scents of the forest. Today was special, and Fireheart was bursting with excitement.