𝐌 𝐈 𝐒 𝐒 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 𝐘 𝐎 𝐔, 𝘺𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘫𝘶𝘯

𝘚𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺: 𝘢 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦-𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱.

𝘛𝘢𝘨𝘴: 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥'𝘴, 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧, 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘊𝘩𝘰𝘪 𝘠𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘫𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘶.

𝘌𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥~☕️

╔═══ *.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.* ═══╗

╚═══ *

╚═══ *.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.* ═══╝

YOU tossed and turned but just couldn't find the right position. A lingering haze of sleep sat somewhere at the back of your mind but was too far away to reach, floating in the pool of your memories. You could hear the faint laughs of your best friend and you remember late night walks to the park.

It now felt like decades had passed since you had moved to America, away from your friend. Away from the bright lights and cool air of Seoul.

You shift over to your side, your puffy eyes looking up at the moon in the dark night sky. Tears stain your cheeks and you blink your tired eyes as you grip your blanket, clutching it close to your chest.

You missed Yeonjun so much and these past few weeks without him were tougher than you had expected. I mean, you knew you were going to miss him but you really really miss him.

As you stare up at the glowing ball, you wish that you could rewind time. If you could, you would go back to that ice cream place over a million times just to see his smiling face again. That was the last time you saw him before you hopped on your flight.

Suddenly, your phone buzzes on the nightstand beside you. Your hand reaches up and you wonder who would be calling at such a late time of night. Your eyes adjust to the screen, they almost bulge out of your head when you see that it's a FaceTime call from Yeonjun.

You quickly flick on your lamp and look in the mirror; your hair was a mess. A huff leaves your mouth as you examine your appearance in the mirror.

Oh well, he's seen me like this plenty of times.

You answer the call with a big smile as his face appears on the screen.

"(y/n)! I missed you so much. I would've called sooner but I've been so busy preparing for my debut." He says, sounding a bit sad.

"I missed you too, I understand that you've been busy."

"Have you been crying?" The word crying makes your eyes tear up a little. You shake your head, obviously lying.

"No no, I just got something in my eyes." You turn your head away from the screen, wiping your eyes.

He laughed and you swore you could feel your heart doing triple backflips.

"You can't lie to me (y/n), you're a terrible liar. I know you too well."

"Yeah yeah," you lay back in your bed. "I wish I was there, it's so boring without you annoying me every two seconds."

A smug grin makes an appearance on your face and he laughs once again.

"You just admitted to liking me, annoying you." This time you laugh, shaking your head at his obvious words.

"I know." You cuddle into your blanket, wrapping yourself in a small cocoon.

For a moment you're just staring at each other with soft smiles on your faces and you wanted nothing more than to hug him.

There's yelling heard on the other side of the phone and you laugh hearing high pitched screeches. Yeonjun turns to say something and the screeching continues.

"I'm sorry, those are my bandmates. I'll be right back." He says before the phone is placed down and he's disappearing from the screen.

He comes back with ruffled hair and it looks like he had just got out of a cat fight. You laugh seeing his blank expression as more yells come from behind him.

"Should I call you back later or?" He throws a pillow in the other direction yelling hajima and some other Korean words you picked up on over time.

"I'm sorry about them, how have you been holding up?" He asks.

"I've been ok, other than missing you. It's nice to see my family again and going to all the places I grew up at. I still miss it there though." You smile sadly.

"When you come back, I'll show you some cool dance moves I've learned. I know you can't dance but I still want to show you." He laughs humorously as you stick your tongue out at him.

This was what you missed, hearing his intoxicating laughs that would make you smile so wide your cheeks would hurt. You had been best friends for so long, you knew his laugh so well that if he had a twin, you would know exactly which one was Yeonjun.

He was your Yeonjun and you were his (y/n). It would always be that way, no matter how far apart you were from each other.

You look up at the time at the top of the screen 1:00 AM. It was afternoon time in Korea and you frown at the time difference. Yeonjun notices and smiles.

"Don't be so sad jagiya, I'll call you again as soon as I can. I promise." You cringe at his words.

"Never say that again, please." You both laugh and soon after follows a haze of silence.

"You should get some sleep, it's late." A yawn escapes your lips as he speaks.

"Good night JunJun." He smiles at the nickname you had given him years ago, happy that you still remembered.

But how could you forget? He was your best friend after all.

"Good night (y/n). Sweet dreams."

The call ends and you snuggle into your blankets. A smile grazing your face, your cheeks feeling much lighter now. You shut your eyes, the same smile lingers and a soft sigh leaves you.

You can finally sleep.

The End.

💌 : a note from your dear author

Not really feeling this but I wanted to at least update something for you all. I wrote this a while ago and it was kinda just sitting in the depths of my docs so I decided to go publish it. Probably gonna take it down tho cause it's ASS.

I appreciate you guys so much and I'm sorry that I'm so inconsistent. I know I said I was back but life is still kinda crazy rn. Thank you for always understanding and hopefully, I'll be back for good, soon❤️

Take care lovely
— Bri