(22) You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison

*Mikeys pov*

I held my breath, looking up at the judge. "In the case of Holmes Jewlery store versus the defendant Michael Way. The jury finds the dependent guilty in the charges of breaking and entering, and robbery. You will be sentenced to 2 years for breaking and entering and 5 for robbery of the jewelry store. You will be released in 7 years for parol of 3 more years. You may all be dismissed. Thank you."

Everybody stood up and the judge left. I stayed seated, looking at the ground and trying not to cry. My attorney rubbed my arm, "Mikey you need to say goodbye to your family."

I stood and turned to them. They all were standing there crying. I put my arms out and ray pulled me against his chest. "I love you so fucking much Mikey. I love you."

I gripped him tighter, drawing all kinds of hearts on his arm. He slowly let go and mom, dad and Gerard all gave me a hug. They each kissed my head. I tapped rays arm. He leaned down and he gave me a heavy kiss on the lips. " I love you so much Mikey. I'll be here waiting for you. I promise."

He let go, then the officer grabbed my arm. I turned, following him into the back and to the cells. He threw me into one. "A car will be here to get you and take you to the state penitentiary where you will serve your time. Any questions?"

I shook my head no, then leaned it down. I silently cried, trying to calm down. I'm about to serve 7 years in prison because of some idiot kid. Great.

I looked up when the door to my cell opened. Two officers stood there. They grabbed my arms and pulled me up and out to their truck. I got in the back and they shackled my feet onto the floor. They slammed the back door and a minute later we started moving.

An hour later the truck stopped moving. I slumped forward. I heard the two coming, then the back on the truck opened. One of them unshackled me, then they both grabbed me. I got shoved into the building and into a room with 2 more guards. The original let go of me, but stood still. A older man in a suit walked up to the other two guards infront of us. "Michael Way, nice to meet you and welcome to the next seven years of your life. Now we've taken into account your gang life and we think I'd be better to be with them, since your mute and you probably know some of them already. We also will give you a notebook and pen, but if you use either for wrong you will be put in solitary with no way of communication. Your also paired with a deaf guy so you two wont have much to talk about. Now, strip."

Once they were done with the "introduction", I got dressed in a orange jumpsuit. Then they handed me another one, with a notebook and pen ontop. They led me out of the room and down a long hallway. We got through another door, then it opened up to a cell block. All kinds of guys were staring at me. The guards pushed me down until we reached an area with only about 10 cells. A couple guys in the area stopped talking and looked up at me. The two guards stopped at a cell and I looked in to see a younger looking kid in there. He looked up at us, then back down at his book. The guard pushed me in, then walked away. I walked over and sat my stuff on the top bunk. I waved my hand at the kid and he handed me a note.

Hello, nice to meet you. I was told you were coming. My names Johnnie. I'm 21 and I was just a soldier as yall call it. I got caught and put in here for robbery of a store. So I've only got 2 more years in here. But I already know who you are. You need to go out and find Bert. Hes the leader in here. He's pretty tall, but bigger than you. Hes got our mark on his arm.. We can talk after, Johnny. 

I smiled, shaking my head then walked out. I walked down the steps into the common area. All kinds of guys were sitting around in a circle talking. I noticed a bigger guy, with his back to me. I could see our mark on his arm, which he had stretched back. This must be Bert. I walked up to them, tapping the guy on the shoulder. He turned, instantly raising his fist. "Who the fu-"