(6) Guitar Lessons

We pulled into the driveway and ray let go of my hand. I got out and grabbed my backpack, throwing it over my shoulder. Ray grabbed his, shutting his car door. We walked up to the front door and ray opened it. We stepped in and Mrs. Toro came out of the kitchen and over to us. "Good to see you boys home. Dinners on now. We've gotta talk about what happened today when your father gets home Raymond. Go to your room for right now. Mikey stay for a second."

He looked over at me. Then turned and headed up the steps. Mrs. Toro came over, setting her hand on my shoulder. "Gerard told me what happened today. Are you alright Mikey? I'm gonna deal with them if they touch you again. Did Ray help you? Are you ok?"

I reached into my backpack, pulling out my notepad and pen.

Ya, im alright. Gerard was only trying to help him, please don't be mad at him. Be mad at me. He didn't do anything wrong, he just wanted to help me. And ya, Ray helped me. He took me to the bathroom and helped me clean up. I'm alright.

"Alright Mikey, and no neither of thems gonna be in trouble. Especially Gerard. We'd never punish him for trying to help you Mikey. We know he's very protective of you. We'll talk more about this tonight, you can go hang out with the boys. Dinner should be ready in an hour or so"

She smiled, then turned, heading back to the kitchen. I turned heading up the steps. I stopped at Gee's room, lightly knocking on the door. "Come in"

I turned the knob, stepping into the room. Gerard was at his desk drawing. I walked over and he turned around, smiling at me. He stood up instantly pulling me into a hug. "Are you alright mikey? Did Ray help you? I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Are you ok?"

I shook my head yes gripping his sides. He smiled, pulling back, "so you've gotta tell me about your day"

He grabbed my hand and we went over, sitting down on his bed. "Howd your day go mikes?"

Well I met these two guys. Brendon and Ryan. They're really nice and fun. They're dating. Ryan's like me being mute, so we hit it off pretty well. Brendon seems fun though. The rest of the day went pretty well except for lunch. But the rest went well. Ray helped me clean up after lunch.

"Oh so thats who's hoodie your wearing."

I looked down blushing. "Oh, you totally like him. Mikey hes out foster brother!!"

So. You like frank.

"Frank's not our foster brother. He can't make us lose this home. I'm not gonna say anything, but you've gotta be careful mikes. But as long as your happy, I'm happy "

Thank you gee

I leaned over pulling him into a hug. "Mikes you can love who ever you want. Just be careful with him alright. No funny business until your 18. You've gotta wait. "

I pulled back, grabbing my book.

But thats a whole year away!!!

He just giggled at me. "Sucks to be 17"

I flipped him off, standing up. Where you going mikes?"

Rays

"Alright love bird"
I flipped him off, grabbing my bag. I walked down the hall and knocked on the door. I heard shuffling, then Ray opened the door. He smiled at me happily. He had his afro pulled back in a hairband. He smiled at me happily, "you ready to play some guiatar?"

I shook my head yes at him, taking a step into his room. It was awesome looking.

 It was awesome looking