Chapter 18: I Choose Who Wins

Izuka grinned triumphantly as she crossed the finish line.

'This is what heroes find challenging?'

Behind her, Hatsume and Toga bore a similar expression, and were having similar thoughts.

'I could take them out in minutes!'

'They dare laugh at support when they struggle with THAT!'

The rest of the students followed a few minutes later. Toga was happy to see that Tetsutetsu had made the cut for the next event. There was also Mineta.

'Hmmmm... Let's see how he likes me in a fight...'

Midnight cracked her whip.

"STUDENTS WILL BE GIVEN A FIVE MINUTE BREAK! THEN WE GO TO THE NEXT EVENT!"

Izuka took a sip of water from a water bottle, before doing some warm up push ups.

"Hey, you'll burn yourself out if you do too many of those." A hero student said. Neito Monoma, one of the kids in class 1-B that Izuka HATED. "I mean seriously, you'll need all the strength you have to keep up with us."

Izuka shot Monoma a glare as she launched into clap pushups without breaking a sweat.

"You know *Clap* That's kind of funny *Clap* Coming from *Clap* Twentieth place *Clap*"

Neito sneered. "You just got lucky. Class 1-A stopped us from moving along."

"That didn't seem to stop your classmate from taking third." Izuka pushed hard and launched up onto her feet. "If I were you, I'd start reshaping myself. You'll have a hard time against everyone else here."

Izuka walked away from the blonde asshole. Midnight began announcing the next event.

"NEXT UP IS THE CAVALRY BATTLE! STUDENTS WILL FORM TEAMS OF UP TO FOUR PEOPLE. EACH TEAM WILL BE GIVEN A NUMBER OF POINTS BASED ON THE INDIVIDUAL STUDENTS PLACEMENT IN THE OBSTACLE COURSE. FIRST PLACE HAS THE HIGHEST SCORE! AND WILL BE ENTRUSTED WITH 10,000,000 POINTS!"

Izuka felt all eyes on her. "Wouldn't have it any other way." The scarred girl grinned.

"YOU WILL BE GIVEN TEN MINUTES TO FORM TEAMS! STARTING NOW!"

Everybody immediately walked away from Izuka, save three students. Hatsume stayed by her side, as well as Toga. Tetsutetsu grinned and walked over to the group to join.

"Wait, you aren't gonna come with me?" Mineta asked Toga from another group.

"I think you'll be fine. We need to focus on the festival right now anyways." Toga smiled, making Mineta blush.

"O-okay..."

"ALL RIGHT THEN! YOU HAVE YOUR TEAMS! EVERYBODY GET READY!" Midnight announced.

Toga and Tetsutetsu stood in the front, Hatsume in the back.

"THREE!"

Izuka jumped up atop the three students and easily maintained her balance.

"TWO!"

"When this thing starts, Run as fast as you can." Izuka whispered.

"What are you gonna do?" Tetsutetsu asked.

"I'm gonna do what they call-"

"ONE!"

"-A pro gamer move" Izuka grinned. Toga gave a wicked smile.

"START!"

Midnight cracked her whip and several things happened. First, a wall of Ice erupted around Izuka's group, sealing them in a small space with several other groups. A ghost of wind blew through the air as Bakugo blasted off and began stealing headbands.