20.

A/N: I'm back from my little break and I think I'm planning for at least 5 chapters left of the story. 10 at most. Enjoy this update.

GAMEDAY!!!

Xavier's pov

This day is probably one of the most important days of my life. This basketball game can and will make or break my career. I have to give more than my all if I'm going to get drafted for pros.

I've gotten through my pre-game jitters and am now on the court warming up.

"We got this man. Don't be worried." Zander said.

"I know but man this game is the path to our careers," I said.

"And we're the two best players on the team this year. We'll be fine. Move to Cali and ball out for the rest. of our. lives." he said elbowing my side lightly.

"You're right. We're going to be fine." I said.

"Yea bro get your head in the game," he said slapping the back of my head.

* a few hours before*

Xavier's pov

"Summer come on. If you coming I have to be at the gym in 20 minutes." I yelled to her.

"I'm coming!" she said.

She came out of her room in my away jersey and leggings.

"You don't know how much I love seeing you in my jersey," I said hugging her.

"Ah ah ah. We have somewhere to be mister," she said.

"I can't admire my girlfriend," I said.

"Uh-huh, admire me along the way to the gym," she said.

"Haha fine. Let's go." I said.

I put my bags into the car and drove off to the school gym.

"Good luck baby." Summer said.

"Thank you, darling," I said kissing her forehead.

She went up to the bleachers to meet up with the rest of the girls while I went from warm-ups.

We practiced passing, dribbling, layups, jump shots, free throws, three-pointers, whatever you can think of. We all watched as the Tulane came into the gym. They were taller than last year, so this is gonna be a challenge. Gosh, am I nervous. I've never been this nervous for a game throughout these eight years of playing basketball.

This day is probably one of the most important days of my life. This basketball can and will make or break my career. I have to give more than my all if I'm going to get drafted for pros.

I've gotten through my pre-game jitters and am now on the court warming up.

"We got this man. Don't be worried." Zander said.

"I know but man this game is the path to our careers," I said.

"And we're the two best players on the team this year. We'll be fine. Move to Cali and ball out for the rest. of our. life." he said elbowing my side lightly.

"You're right. We're going to be fine." I said.

"Yea bro get your head in the game," he said slapping the back of my head.

We finished up with warm-ups till it was 3 minutes before the game was about to start.

"Alright, boys. This is the biggest game of your careers. Now the ones who have already been drafted, that doesn't mean slack. You all need to play as best as you can today. Now for Xavier and Zander, you see the scouts around. This game will make or break all of your careers. As your coach, I am proud of how you've all played this season. Now get out there and win." Coach said.

Deep breaths. We're going to win.

Zander, Malik, Kai, Jayden, and I went out to the court as the starting five.

The referee came to the middle and threw up the ball. Jayden jumped up and passed it to Zander. Zander ran to the three-point line before passing it to me getting an easy layup.

Number 5 on Tulane stood under the goal as the referee gave him the ball. I was guarding number 19 who was across of number 5.

"BREAK!" number 5 yelled.

He went to pass it to number 7 but juked out passing it to number 12. 12 ran down the court passing it to 26 at the three-point line. Malik tried to block but missed.

3-2. That's fine. We can catch up.

Summer's pov

It was the fourth quarter and the score was 54-47. With our team winning of course. Xavier has played very well this whole game. I'm glad this is on tv cause I could watch this game over and over again.

Xavier's pov

The fourth quarter was almost over and the scores were close. 53-49.  I wanted to try and pull us further into the lead because I don't want to take any chances of them being able to catch up.

They just scored and Jayden got the rebound. I was running down the court to try and get open. I was near the goal wait as he was being crowed.

It felt like everything was moving in slow motion as this is one of the most stressful times ever. 

Jayden pivoted and pump faked them and was able to get me the pass. I caught the ball before #17 was able to steal. I dribbled up to the basket and jumped up to dunk.  As I did #17 knocked me to side as I was coming down I fell on my the side of my ankle.

I heard a small crack as fell down onto my back. The whole gym went silent as I laid there. This can't be happening.