Chapter 21: Laura/Nick

A/N:

This is my second update of the day. I posted a chapter on a random day a few days ago, so that's going to throw off my schedule a little but I do not regret it. 

Enjoy this chapter!

It has lots of information and background stuff in it. Sadly, that includes long paragraphs. 

Happy Reading...

Chapter 21

Laura

What is Will talking about?!

Who else at Kensingburg knows who I really am other than Will, Callie, and Tami? There is no one else who could possibly be helping me other than Will and Callie.

So, what the heck -- and who the heck -- is Will talking about?!

"Think about it.", Will continues. "You came to Kensingburg partially relying on fate because your disguise wasn't perfected. You don't know how the real Nicholas Thompson looks. What if someone here at Kensingburg is helping you without you knowing? What if they changed Nicholas Thompson's looks and all other physical traits to match how you look as a boy to help you in his file?".

All the students here at Kensingburg have a 'file'. Basically, it has their name and their number, their parents' names and numbers, their physical attributes (like hair colour, eye colour, height, weight, etc), and some other things in it. It's an emergency precaution so that, in the event that something happens to the student, they contact their family members to tell them what happened.

"But, who would want to help me here at Kensingburg?", I ask. "Wouldn't most people be angry with me because I impersonated someone else to come here to Kensingburg?".

"You said that your mother went to Kensingburg, right?", Will asks back.

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with this?", I reply.

"She was in the Hockey Department, right?", Will questions.

He gets out of his bed and walks over to his desk. Then, he takes out a notebook and a pen. He also grabs his phone and climbs up the mini flight of stairs leading up to my bunk bed. I also get up so that I'm in a sitting position. He sits at the opposite end of the bed from me, and turns on his phone. Opening the voice recording app, he starts recording.

He uncaps the pen and writes as he talks. "Your mother went to Kensingburg and was in the Hockey Department. But, there was no women's hockey team back then because women weren't allowed to play high contact sports. Years later, her daughter Laura -- which is you -- is also in the Hockey Department at Kensingburg. You, as Laura Thompson, do the first term of your first year in university through online courses. Then, you tryout for the junior women's hockey team, but don't make it in. At the same time, you receive an acceptance letter into Kensingburg, but the letter isn't for you since you technically already are enrolled at Kensingburg already as Laura Thompson.".

I continue his retelling of everything that's happened, "The letter is addressed to someone named Nicholas Thompson. Because I want to study at my mother's alma mater and make up for the injustice she suffered because she liked hockey but couldn't play professionally 'cause she was a woman, I decide to pretend to be Nicholas Thompson and come to Kensingburg. I meet my roommate and everything between us happens.". I look at him as I say that last sentence.

He gives me a sweet smile and continues, "As we get to know each other, we fall in love with each other. I confess my love to you outside my family home, but you reject me because your secret is holding you back. Then, when we get back to our dorm room after the trip to Hill Valley, you tell me your secret. You aren't Nicholas Thompson. You aren't a boy. You are a girl named Laura Thompson.".