Chapter 8: Will

A/N: 

Well, I just had breakfast and now I'm posting Chapter 8. 

Now that I think about it, I guess this story kind of has two climaxes... and, one of them is coming up. I'm going to be evil and not elaborate, though. 

The A/N at the beginning of Chapter 7 was really long, so I'll keep this one short. 

Happy Reading!

Chapter 8

Will

So, Nick likes men. That was definitely a shocker. But, that makes me feel better since I know that I definitely like Nick. I have thought about it over the past few days, and it was confirmed. Every single time that I look at Nick, my heart flutters. Every single time I make eye contact with Nick, I feel that zap of electricity pass between us. Whenever Nick's in the same room as me, I know it. He's never surprised me... ever.

Well, except for the thing about him liking men. I wonder if he likes someone here at Kensingburg? I wonder if he likes someone on the hockey team? I wonder if he likes me?

Right now, he's picking up a phone call from my mom for me. "Hello?". He listens for a moment and then continues, "Yeah, I'm Will's roommate. My name is Nick. Nick Thompson.". He pauses again. "Yes, Will is here. He's just packing for his trip.". He listens and then smiles, "Yes, I know about his trip down to see you and his dad. We're... close.". At that, he looks at me and smiles wider.

I smile back at him and then walk over. I take my phone from him and talk to my mom, "Hey, Mom. How's it going?".

I can hear the smile in her voice, "Hi, Will. I'm good. How are you doing? Your roommate sounds nice.".

"Nick?", I say, making eye contact with him. Yep, that now-familiar zap of electricity again. "He is pretty amazing.".

I see Nick's cheeks redden and he mouths, "What are you doing?".

I shake my head and listen to what my mother is saying, "Hey, you should invite Nick over to our house. Does he have any plans for this weekend?".

My eyes widen and I nearly gasp. "What? Mom, Nick is probably busy!". Nick's face now has a look of confusion on it. I turn away from him and continue speaking, "I'm not sure if he has plans, but-".

But, I'm interrupted by Mom, "Then ask him and see. Call me later when you have an answer for me, okay? I'll set an extra place for dinner and set up the guest room for him. Bye, Will!".

I sigh as Mom hangs up on me. Then, I turn to Nick, who's even more confused than before and say, "How do you feel about visiting my mom, Dad, and sister?".

His confusion disappears and a smirk takes over his face, "Your mom wants... no, your mom is forcing you to bring me to visit your family?".

My jaw drops open, "How did you know?".

"Well, you said earlier on the phone that I'm probably busy. Then, you said that you didn't specifically know that I was busy. And, now, you asked me if I wanted to visit your family. I put all the clues together.", Nick then has a smile on his face -- the kind you get when you're walking down memory lane. "My mom used to be the exact same way whenever I made new friends.".

I furrow my eyebrows, catching something he said. "Wait. 'Used to'?".

He gives me a small, sad smile, "Yeah... my parents both passed away in a car accident five years ago. Me and Eddie were fourteen. From then on, we lived with our aunt and uncle... my dad's older sister and brother-in-law. They also have a daughter, Tessa, who was twenty when the accident happened. She was in university at the time. After the accident, me, Eddie, and Tessa became really close. She's almost like an older sister to me and Eddie now.".