Chapter 12: Will

A/N: 

I-

Aaah, fudge it. 

I'll just let you read chapter 12.

Happy Reading!

Chapter 12

Will

What is Nick planning? What's going on in his head? He wants to tell me his secret?

"Nick... are you sure?", I start.

"Will, I'm definitely sure. I've been thinking about this all day... well, actually, I've been thinking about this ever since you told me that you like me. It makes me sick to see that I'm hurting you by not telling you my secret.", he explains, looking at me straight in the eye. I can tell that he's serious about this.

"What if you regret it after you tell me?", I ask.

"The only way I'll regret it is if you get angry with me and begin to hate me. Only then will I think that I shouldn't have told you my secret.", Nick tells me.

I shake my head, "No, I won't get angry with you or hate you.".

"Then, I have no reason to regret telling you, right?", Nick reasons with me.

I swallow hard and nod, "No, you don't.".

He smiles, "Then, I'll tell you my secret. But, I'm going to need to get out of the bunk bed first.".

I walk down the mini flight of stairs and to the floor. Nick follows after me. He goes to his closet and opens it. Then, he takes out a red backpack that I didn't know was in there. Clutching the backpack nervously, he turns to me with a worried expression.

"What would you do if I said that I was not a boy, but a girl in reality?", he asks me.

My jaw drops down to the floor and my eyes are wide, "What are you talking about?".

He licks his lips nervously, "I'm not a boy. I'm a girl.".

He (she?) walks towards me and stops when he's (she's?) about three feet away from me.

"I'm going to go into the bathroom and change. We both know that there is no one else here in the dorm room with us. So, the person who comes out of the bathroom will definitely be me.", Nick explains.

Wait... if he's a girl, his name probably isn't 'Nick'. He already told me that he isn't Nicholas Thompson. I guess, for now, I'll just call him 'Nick' because I don't know what his name really is.

Nick walks around me and into the bathroom. I lick my lips nervously as I wait. Have I really been sharing a room with a girl all this time? Today marks the two-week anniversary of me meeting Nick. So much has happened in these past two weeks, although me and him (her?) spent most of that time ignoring each other.

I met Nick, fell in love with him, who I thought was a boy, ignored him for, like, ten days, confessed to him, got rejected by him, had my first kiss with him, hugged him and held hands for countless moments with him, and now... now I'm finding out that he might not be a boy... but a girl instead.

Our love story is really quite strange, isn't it?

I go to his bunk bed and bring down the plastic lunch box with the pasta in it along with the fork and bag of chips. I close the lunch box and put the fork on top of it on my desk. The bag of chips goes back unopened onto the short shelf of snacks.

I then pace the floor of our room as I wait. Is Nick really a girl? A few minutes later, I hear the door to the bathroom open. I hear footsteps walk out of the bathroom, but I don't see him (her?). I'm facing away from Nick. I'm facing the closed windows with their closed curtains. My back is to Nick.