Chapter 10: Will

A/N: 

*Keep it short, keep it short, keep it short*

This is the last chapter in Part One of Girl Posing As A Boy! That means that we are technically over a third into this book! YAY!!!

I will let you read now, dear reader. 

Happy Reading!

P.S.: I kept it short, I kept it short, I KEPT IT SHORT! Yes!!

Chapter 10

Will

Bliss... the kiss was... pure, absolute, perfect... bliss.

That was my first kiss and I'm glad I had it with Nick. I don't know where things will go for us in the future, but I know that I have deep feelings for Nick.

He says that he isn't Nicholas Thompson. He says that he's lying to all of us. He says that he has a secret that could potentially destroy our relationship. What is he talking about? I can't figure it out.

The next morning, I keep sneaking glances at Nick when no one is looking. We saw each other first earlier when Nick was coming out of the bathroom and I was going in. I purposely brushed my hand against his. I didn't go farther than that because my sister's room is just down the hall and her door was open. Of course, we said "good morning" to each other, though.

Second is right now, at breakfast. Nick is helping Mom and Jane set the table while Dad is watching the news. I come into the kitchen and dining room which is connected to the living room. My hair is wet and I am dressed in casual sweats and a t-shirt. It was cold outside today, so I am not planning on going anywhere. Nick is wearing black pants and a maroon hoodie with white socks on his feet. To be honest, I now realize for the first time that I've never seen Nick without a hoodie or jacket on before.

Mom comes into the living room to call me and my dad into the dining room for breakfast when she sees that my hair is wet. My mom starts going on and on about how I shouldn't hang out with wet hair in the winter since I can possibly get a cold. She then goes on to say that Nick was a good boy for drying his hair after washing it. I hear a laugh in the background and turn around to see that Nick and Jane are trying to hold in laughs. I stick my tongue out at the both of them and walk out of the room to find a towel and hair dryer.

A few minutes later, I come back into the dining room to see that everyone is sitting at the dining table waiting for me. I pull out my chair and take a seat -- it's the one beside Nick's.

"What are your plans for today?", Dad asks as we begin eating.

"Nothing. It's too cold to go outside. Besides, I want to have the energy to drive us back to Kensingburg later today.", I reply.

"Come on now, Will.", Jane whines. "Let's go out today! You should show Nick around our hometown. Wait. You're not from Hill Valley... are, you, Nick?".

Nick shakes his head, "No, I'm not. I was born and raised in High Cliff Bay. I came to Diamond Ring because my parents studied here.".

At that moment, I start to put some of the pieces together. Nick is from High Cliff Bay. He says that he has been lying to all of us. Does that mean that, if his secret gets out, could he potentially be kicked out of Kensisngburg? Is it really that big of a secret? And, if he's kicked out of Kensingburg, he'll have to go back to his hometown.

High Cliff Bay. That's eight hours away. I wouldn't be able to see Nick on a daily basis. No, no, no, that can't happen. I'll protect him no matter what his secret is. I won't hate him, and I most certainly will not push him away.