Chapter 26: Will

A/N:

I picked a perfect time to disappear, didn't I?

Will and Laura just broke up, and I forget to update. I started with a weird update schedule, and now I'm ending with a weird update schedule. 

I have an announcement, though: 

Today is Monday, August 2, 2021. I am going on vacation starting Thursday, August 5, 2021. I will finish posting the last chapter of this book by Wednesday, August 4, 2021. I will not leaving you hanging, and I'll either post an ending author's note while I'm on vacation, or I'll do it after I come back from my vacation. 

The ending of GPAAB is a happy ending, so you don't have to worry there. I promise you, Will and Laura will be together by the end of this story. 

Sorry for disappearing 😢 didn't mean to. 

Anyways, here's chapter 26. It's in Will's POV and about how he feels during the break up. 

Happy Reading... (or, will it be happy?)

Chapter 26

Will

Oh, Laura. You... you... I can't believe you did that just to protect my reputation. Today is Saturday, February 7th and we had our game with Burnwood Ridge University earlier today. And, we lost. We lost terribly -- 5 to 1. In the game with HVU last weekend, the scores were reversed and we had won. Just a week ago, everything was okay. Now... today...

Callie sits in front of me, explaining everything. She tells me everything that happened last weekend with Tami. How she blackmailed Laura into breaking up with me, breaking both our hearts. By the time she's done, I've pieced together everything and have a clear picture of what happened.

Tami forced Laura into breaking up with me, using my reputation and future as a leverage to make sure that Laura actually breaks up with me.

Then, Laura and Callie came to the exit of the rink where everyone was waiting. Laura had tear stains on her face, and I instantly knew that something was wrong. She told me that something had happened to Tessa, who was in Diamond Ring and couldn't come to the game. She said that she had to go back to Diamond Ring and make sure that her cousin was okay. I offered to go with her, but she said that Callie would come with her. Callie and Laura were getting close, so I trusted that nothing would happen to Laura. Laura and Callie drove back to Diamond Ring in the car that Callie had come to Hill Valley in with her girl friends.

Then, Sunday night, when I got back to our dorm room... everything was cleared out. The bed was made, the closet was empty, her half of the bookshelf was empty, and her desk didn't have anything on or in it. That was when I knew that something was very wrong. This wasn't just Laura playing a prank on me. I ran out of our dorm room and down the hall to Callie's. This was a co-ed dormitory, so I didn't have to run across the campus to a girls' dormitory building.

Callie opened the door. I saw that her eyes were red and she had tear stains on her face. She knew. She knew what I was going to ask her.

But, I asked her anyway, "Where is Laura?!".

She sniffled as fresh tears flowed down her cheeks, "I can't tell you, Will. I promised Laura.".

"Nothing happened to Laura's cousin last night, did it?", I asked.

Callie shook her head, "No. She lied to you so she could come to Diamond Ring early and move out of the dorm room without you seeing it and stopping her.".

"Why?", I pressed her.

"I can't tell you that, Will. She has her reasons.", Callie answered.

"Callie!", I exclaimed, nearly shouting. "I should at least know why my girlfriend broke up with me, don't you think?".