Chapter 1: Laura/Nick

A/N: 

This is the first chapter of my story. No matter if people read it or not, I'll post the next ones. Who knows, maybe someone five years from now will read it and be like, "Oooh, this is a nice story!". 

^^^ Up there is the full cover for this story made by my real-life friend Galaxy Sri (she also made some of my other covers). Part of it got cut off on the cover of this story, so I just put it in here for anyone who's interested. Not much was cut off, so it's not a big deal. Galaxy Sri did amazing, just FYI. 

Underlined means texting.

Anyways, let's get started...!

Chapter 1

Laura/Nick

My name is Laura Nicole Thompson. Except, here at Kensingburg Sports University, they know me by a different name. Nicholas Thompson. Nick Thompson. How did this happen, you ask? Let me tell you.

In December, there were auditions. Auditions for the men's and women's hockey teams of Kensingburg Sports University. I, as Laura Thompson, auditioned for the women's hockey team. I knew that I wasn't playing my best, but I still was pretty good, as some of the other girls said. Then, on the 22 of December, I got a letter. A letter admitting me into the Hockey Department of Kensingburg. The men's half of the Hockey Department. And, the letter was addressed to Nicholas Thompson, not Laura Thompson.

I thought about what I should do for the rest of the winter break. In the end, I made the decision to pose as a boy -- to pose as Nicholas Thompson. So, I left Laura Thompson at my home, and became Nicholas Thompson as soon as I entered the Hockey Department building of Kensingburg Sports University. I'm not even sure how I got to that decision. I just did. And, now, I completely regret it.

I got to the dormitory building Sunday evening. I found my dorm room. It was the one labeled 13 on the third floor. I found that kind of funny, because my birthday is the 13th of February. But, that's not the point.

The point is: the dormitory building is co-ed, but I didn't really have a problem with that. Each room was a twin room, so we had roommates. But, if you were a girl, you'd have a girl roommate. If you were a boy, you'd have a boy roommate. Now, I'm a girl posing as a boy. To the rest of the world, I'm a boy. So, I'd have a boy roommate.

I just didn't realize that until I got to my dorm room. Aside from the dorm room number, there were also two nameplates -- nameplates with the people who lived in the dorm room's names. One name was my name, Nicholas Thompson. The other name was William Johnston.

William is definitely a boys' name, isn't it? In that moment, I knew that I had a guy roommate. I unlocked the dorm room and walked in.

I saw that parts of the room already had stuff on it. The regular bed already had covers and everything. The desk away from the wall already had books and other stationary on it. The two three shelves on the bookshelf already had things stored there. The little table by the window on the other side of the regular bed already had bags of chips and other snacks on it. The little area under the bunk bed had floor pillows and a beanbag chair.

That meant that the bunk bed was mine. I was alright with that. The desk by the window was also mine. Okay, cool. The bottom three shelves on the bookshelf were for me. I know that, being a girl in reality, I wasn't as tall as men. And, I was definitely not as tall as the six-feet-tall hockey players I had seen outside.

I started unpacking. My clothes went in the half of the closet that was empty. I put my books on the desk. The bed already had covers, pillows, and a duvet on it, so that was nice. I put my suitcase in the corner of the cozy area like my roommate had.