Chapter 3: Laura/Nick

A/N: 

It's been five days since I updated last. My plan of "every few days" has been scraped. I'll try to continue updating once a week at least. It's summer break, I have nothing to do, yet I'm lazy.  

Chapter 3

Laura/Nick

Will seems nice. We're walking to the Hockey Department building and he offers to play sports one on one with me. I wonder if that offer will still be up once I confess to him that I'm a girl not a boy. No, no, no. I should not think like that. He'll be fine with me really being a girl, not a boy... right?

He will probably be mad at me for lying to him. But, I have to do this. Kensingburg is the university that I've been longing to study at ever since I learned what a university is. That was about seven years ago -- when I was twelve years old. Will will most likely be really angry with me. I also really hope that he will still be my friend after I confess.

"Hey.", Will whispers.

"What?", I ask back, in a low tone.

He leans in closer to me and whispers, "I need your help.".

"What?", I ask again.

Looking over at him, I see that he's really nervous. I look in the direction that he's looking in. A pair of girls our age are walking towards us, but I don't think they've seen us yet.

I smirk, looking back at Will, "Girl trouble?".

"Kind of.", Will responds. "The girl on the left is Tami Kay and the girl on the right is Callie Ellis.".

"Right. So, is this the kind of girl trouble where you like one of them but she doesn't know and you want to confess? Or, is this the kind of girl trouble where she's your crazy stalker ex girlfriend? Or, the third scenario is that she likes you and you know it but you don't like her back?", I grin, feeling a little confident around him.

"Number three.", he whispers right next to me.

"Aah, okay.", I pause and think for a second. "Do you need me to distract her while you run, or something?".

"Well, if you could just let me escape or something, that would be a big help. You don't need to actually talk to Callie or anything. Just make sure she doesn't see me.", Will replies, now looking at me.

"Thank goodness. I really don't want to talk to a girl this early in the morning.", I sigh with relief.

Being a boy around other boys is hard enough, how will it be around other girls?

"I'll meet you in the Hockey Department cafeteria?", Will asks. "You can find your way there, right?".

"I'll probably be just behind you, Will. Don't worry about me.", I answer.

Will looks at me strangely and then turns around on his heel. He runs off in the other direction.

He's a few feet away when I hear a female voice call out, "Will!".

I see that it's Callie who called out his name. I turn around and see Will stop for a second and turn around to me. He has a worried look on his face. I realize that it's because of what I said earlier about not wanting to talk to a girl this early in the morning. I mouth the words, "I'll be fine. Just run.", to him before turning around to face the girls who are walking across the courtyard towards me.

Callie Ellis, the girl who apparently likes Will, has long, straight, blonde hair in a fancy ponytail and brown eyes. Her friend, Tami Kay, has straight, shoulder length, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Will run off in the other direction. Sighing, I realize that Callie and Tami are now in front of me. They are both looking at me with curious eyes.