you are not like the regulars (the masquerade revelers) - pt2

Sequel to you don't know about me (but i bet you want to)

A lot of you commented that you "need" a sequel to my previous one-shot so here you go. Have fun. But don't ask for a third part because this is it for this particular AU.

As always, artistic liberties has been and will continue to be taken.

=====================

At the end of a fun day at the orphanage, a whole lot more enjoyable one than any other day Serkan could remember, he and Eda were trying to put a very clingy, and stubborn, Furkan to sleep.

"Eda, don't go!"
"Furkan, baby, you know how this works. I'm not leaving forever. I come back here every week, don't I?"
"But you have a boyfriend now. You'll want to spent more time with him and you'll forget about us. About me."
"Absolutely not! I promise you. I will be here, every week, to play with you, to spend some time with you and the others. We'll play in the garden, plant flowers. Water our roses... I am not going anywhere."
"You promise?"
"I promise."

Furkan turned to Serkan with a nasty look on his face.

As nasty of a look as a cute kid like Furkan could manage, that is.

"If she doesn't come, I'll blame you."
"I promise you, I will do everything in my power to make sure she comes here every Saturday. And if she can't make it, for whatever reason, I'll come in her stead. Would that be okay? If I come with her from time to time?"

Furkan put on his thinking face and looked at Eda.

Eda looked happy. Happier than she looked last week or the week before.

More carefree.

More content.

Furkan might be a kid but he was a very observant one.

Was this big, intimidating man the reason why she looked happier?

"Are you happy?"

Eda looked at Serkan.

Serkan Bolat who was the reason why she didn't get to finish university.

Serkan Bolat who was the reason why she couldn't accomplish her dreams.

Serkan Bolat who was the reason why she found herself lying to every single one of her friends. To her aunt.

Serkan Bolat who was the reason why she found herself stuck in a fake engagement scheme.

Serkan Bolat who, despite how much she hated him in the beginning, was the reason why she'd been feeling things she couldn't explain lately.

Things he made her feel.

Things she felt shen she was near him.

Or thinking about him.

Things she hadn't felt in a long time, if ever.

Her eyes locked onto his and she finally answered Furkan's question.

"Yeah. I'm happy."

********************

After finally putting Furkan to sleep, not without reading him two bedtime stories obviously, Eda and Serkan left the orphanage, holding hands.

It was instinct at this point.

"Did you drive here?"
"No. I called for a taxi."
"Come on then. I'll give you a ride home."

They slowly walked to Serkan's car and he opened the door for her, suddenly stopping.