so baby can we dance? (through an avalanche)

A couple of weeks ago, I had the piano version of Forever&Always on repeat. This thing would not get out of my head.

Even though F&A did inspire this one shot, it's lyrics didn't feel right to me as the title. So I chose to use a line from one of my all time favorite songs of TS, Dancing With Our Hands Tied.

In this one-shot, Eda and Serkan are much further into their relationship with the usual bumps that are quickly and maturely resolved. Alptekin is not such a cheating asshole. Aydan still hasn't been able to get out of her house.

Alptekin learns that Eda is the little girl who was orphaned because of his negligence and tells Serkan. Serkan, who was on the brink of proposing, breaks up with her the same way he did on the show.

In short, what happened on the show but it happens further down their relationship.

With a different end result.

======================

"Ms Aydan? Ms Eda is here."
"Thank you, Seyfi. I'll be right there."

It was one of the very rare mornings where she got to have breakfast with her husband and her son.

"Mom, I thought you were going to get her to stop coming here."
"I tried but you know better than I do how stubborn she is. She won't stop until she gets me out of this house. My therapist likes the progress I've been making with her. It's working. Actually working."
"I hate this. I'm glad that she's helping you but her helping you after everything.. after what this family did to her.. we're using her."
"I don't like it either but what do you expect me to do, Serkan? You already broke her heart. Don't you think she's been hurt enough?"
"Well, you know breaking up with her wasn't my plan. But thanks to a certain someone.."
"Alright, enough. She's going to wonder what's taking me so long. Don't let her see you. That's the least we can do."

With that, she entered the house where Eda was waiting for her. She found her standing next to the piano. Alp's piano.

"I'm so sorry, my dear. I was on the phone and couldn't hang up."
"It's alright. I don't mind. Whose piano is this? I don't think I've seen it before."
"It was Alp's. Serkan's brother. He loved playing the piano. He played it all the time. We couldn't get him to stop. He was good at it, too. We didn't have the heart to remove it from the house after he died."
"Does anybody else play it?"
"Serkan does. Well, he used to. He stopped after Alp died."

Eda's longing look towards the piano didn't escape Aydan's notice.

"Do you play?"
"I used to. My mom taught me. She was a musician. I tried a few times after she.. you know. But I couldn't. Something always stopped me. But I've been getting itchy to play again lately. Maybe I'll get it out of storage and try again."
"You want to try with this?"
"Oh no, I couldn't. Not with your son's-"
"I insist. It's been so long since anyone played this. Maybe it'll feel good to hear it again."
"Ms Ayd-"
"Eda. Please."
"Okay."

Eda sat down on the seat before the piano. It had been so long. She slowly moved her fingers over the piano keys. Trying to decide what to play.

After their little talk about the people they'd lost, she wasn't feeling like playing something happy.

She knew about the guitar but she didn't know that Serkan could also play the piano. Every time she was reminded of him, she was heartbroken.

Well, she knew what to play now.

She took a deep breath under Aydan's loving, and encouraging, gaze and started playing.

And singing.