{16}

"Mom! Why exactly is everything in my room blue?" I looked around at all the new blue details in my room, wondering when she could've redecorated because I could've sworn my room was red when I fell asleep. How did she change my bedding? She's really got to stop; it's getting borderline creepy now. 

      "Don't you like it?" Her voice echoed through the house, reaching my ears as I walked down the stairs. 

      "I do...surprisingly," I murmured. "But can you just leave it now. I'm pretty sure you've gone through every color in the rainbow by now."

      "Oh hunny, I just want you to be happy," she frowned, clutching my hands in hers. 

      "And I am. You don't need to change the color theme in my room everyday to make me happy. It's just a waste of money. Plus I quite like the blue," I chuckled, pulling my hands away from hers as my belly rumbled. Popping two slices of bread in the toaster, I hopped onto the counter as I waited for my breakfast to be cooked. Okay so maybe I wasn't cooking per say but at least I managed to make toast without burning it, unlike some people I know...Frank. 

      Speak of the devil, he waddled in the kitchen like a penguin which surprised me. Not the waddling, I had adapted to his bird-like walk, what surprised me was the fact he was still here. It had been easily over a month and yet they weren't divorced. In fact thinking about it I hadn't even heard them raise their voice at each other, let alone argue. It seems they were still in their honeymoon phase, which rung alarm bells in my head. This has never happened before. In a month or less her husband's are out. Always. It's happened so many times it's practically a fact at this point. And facts are never wrong. 

      "Hey sweetie," my mom cooed as she puckered her lips. Uh-uh, I was not watching that. I swirled around, making sure their kissing faces were out of view before slamming my hands over my ears so I didn't have to hear any of their repulsive sounds. I didn't want my breakfast to come up before I had even eaten it. 

      "Can you guys stop?" I complained with my eyes screwed shut and ears still covered. You may think I'm over exaggerating but you do not want to be near them when they're active. Coming from someone who's had to witness it first hand it's traumatising. They're like rabbits, they hop all over each other. I felt my mom's hand's pry mine of my ears, I was going to resist but I realized her being near me meant she wasn't next to Frank. To spell it out for some of the slow ones, that meant they were no long dry humping on the kitchen island.

      "We're done," she chuckled.

      "You're disgusting," I grimaced, spreading the butter on my steaming toast. She continued chuckling but ignored me as she sat down. Munching on my toast I hovered over her, like the annoying child I am, only to audibly groan when I saw her flicking through interior design magazines, specifically ones for bedrooms. Great! There was no way to stop her unless I burnt it and she wouldn't let go of it long enough to get my arson craving hands on it. I thought people did this stuff online now, that's why I kept turning the wifi off. 

      "Jade you got your crumbs all over me," she scolded, swinging her hand blindly but she ended up hitting my wrist. The small wince I tried to keep in escaped me as a nasty pain shot through my wrist, my shoulder subconsciously shaking like the pendulum effect. 

      She whipped around in concern, instant remorse on her face. "Are you okay? Do you need anything? Shall I take you to the doctors?"

      "I'm fine mom. My wrist is just a little sore at times. I guess it's still healing." I rolled my eyes as she crushed me into a hug, my injured arm sticking out awkwardly in the air as she unnecessarily apologizing. "Mom seriously it was wasn't your fault. It was an accident."