{8}

"Are you ready yet?" Austin asked, popping his head around my bedroom door.

      I adjusted the front of my lash making sure it was stuck to my inner corner fully. Once I was sure it wouldn't come off I double checked my other lash, using both my hands. You heard me, my sling was finally off! And I refuse to put it back on again. I could not give a rat's ass what the doctor says anymore. I'd like to see him try to have a sling on for six weeks. Do you know how hard it is to masturbate with a sling on? I do not recommend it.

      Yeah these hoes ain't coming off for the full night, or maybe ever.

      "Yep," I answered scanning over my body for a final time. I slipped on my trainers, heading out the door, trailing behind Austin's because apparently he already knows the whole blueprint of my house after being in it for a whole twenty minutes. Yes I was wearing trainers because there's no chance on earth I'd be able to dance in heels. I wasn't that skilled. Seriously when I try to dance in heels I look like Bambi, if he had been shot a few times and suffered from severe arthritis, throw in a bit of paralysis.

      I fluffed up my hair slightly as we walked to the front door, passing Frank on the way, who whipped his head over to me once he saw what I was wearing.

      "And where do you think you're going at this time missy?" He looked at his wrist but he didn't even have a watch so...where do we go from here?

      "I'm going out Frank. Is that a good enough explanation for you?" I cocked my head to the side as I waited for his remark, that was sure to annoy me.

      "You know your mother doesn't like it when you speak in that tone to me Jade." Austin sneaked out of the door, clearly trying to avoid what he thought would be an argument.

      "Well she's not here," I reasoned, sliding my money into my bra.

      "I still don't think you should be going out."

      "Why don't you do some soul searching Frank? Find out who you are. Or at least clean all the popcorn off my couch that you've been munching on."

      "I'm hungry," he defended. I sighed looking at his middle aged, chubby face. He looked like a squirrel, defenceless and sad. I couldn't let him starve, I wasn't that horrible.

      Out of all my mom's partners I think Frank may have been my favorite. It may not seem like it but I think I've accepted him the most. Maybe it's because he seems so lost all the time that I take pity on him. He's like a puppy and not in the Austin way. Austin is basically that golden retriever boy, a little cheeky but very loveable. Frank was just helpless.

      Horns went off, letting me know of Seth's impatience. I stuck my head through the front door, shouting, "Two minutes. Don't get your thong in a twist."

      "I don't wear a⏤"

      "Yeah yeah. I've seen you in Victoria's Secret." I shut the door as he tried defend himself; going into the kitchen. I pulled out a frozen lasagne and whacked it in the oven. I didn't have any time to pre-heat the oven. Ty and Seth have already been whining for the last thirty minutes because I 'take too long to get ready', their words not mine. In my defence they told me ten minutes in advance that I'm going out with them before showing up at my door step, what did they expect?

      Austin was the only patient once, hence why he waited for me in my house. Though he spent most of his time talking to my older brother, Justin, who is a legend in their eyes when in reality all Justin is, is an idiotic frat boy, who loves to get on my nerves. Are all brothers this annoying?