{9}

I jerked as the bell rang, the loud noise frightening me. Safe to say I've got some PTSD I need to deal with. I sighed as I looked at the time, I was going to be late for music. Now I still don't remember my time table but I have memorized when I have music, purely because Mr Campbell would be on my ass if I was late.

      I don't know I how I had managed to come to school so late, it was eleven o'clock. I didn't even go to sleep, a consequence gifted from my mind. No matter how exhausted I was I refused to sleep, I hated getting the flashbacks. Thankfully Justin's raging blocked any thoughts from my mind. Seriously, that boy screams so loud it's a miracle our mom didn't wake up.

      You may be thinking what caused my twenty-four year old brother to shout so loudly. Maybe he broke up with a girlfriend? Or his fingers got chopped off? Nope, he lost a game of COD. Safe to say he's a sore loser.

      My eyes shut lazily as I walked to my music class only to bump into someone. "Shit sorry," I apologized as I opened my drowsy eyes. Oh no.

      "Hey Jade," he said, smiling so widely his face looked like it was going to split into two.

      "Hey Scott."

      "Steve," he frowned.

      "Huh?" I rubbed my eyes as I waited for this interaction to be over.

      "It's Steve, not Scott." I could've sworn his name was Scott McCall. Never mind, Scott McCall's the guy from teen wolf. Much better looking than Steve, as he claimed his name was. No disrespect to Steve I just don't usually go for gingers. I must've been absolutely obliterated to get with Steve.

      "Right. I knew that...I was only teasing."

      "Oh."

      "Yeah oh. Now can you move, you're kind of blocking my way." I tried to move past him but he kept stepping in front of me. "What?" I snapped, watching as his face deflate. "Sorry I'm hungover, my heads killing but there's no reason for me to be a bitch to you."

      Mr Campbell was going to kill me.

      "What class do you have now?"

      "Music why?"

      "I'll walk you."

      "You don't have to." Please don't. I crossed my fingers sending up a quick prayer. He was nice, but he just wasn't a bit of me. He was too nice.

      "I don't mind. Plus we're in the same class remember." We are?

      "Okay then," I sighed, feeling my head pound. "But we better hurry, we're already late."

      "I'm sure Mr Campbell's won't say anything he's nice."

      "He's an ass."

      "Yeah no, complete ass." See what I mean? I like someone who can form their own opinions, you shouldn't have to automatically agree with me. We walked in silence and I could only hope he didn't bring our encounter up.

      "I missed you." What the fuck? I whipped my head over to him so fast my neck cricked. I stared at him with wide eyes hoping he didn't mean what I thought he did.

      "You do?" I asked cautiously. 

      "Yeah of course. You took off straight after we you know." He bit his lip as he sighed wistfully. Someone kill me right fucking now. You know what give me the knife I'll do it myself. Anything to get out of here. This is just so awkward and I hate awkward situations.