Chapter 50

EMILY’S POV:

  I picked up my Latte from the counter making my way out of the coffee shop rushing towards the college. I’d hate a little too much to drink last night and it was catching up to me. I rubbed my aching head adjusting my sunglasses trying not to bump into anyone as I practically ran hoping I wouldn’t be late to class.

  “Excuse me” I repeatedly muttered pushing through the people.

  “Watch it!” some snappy old lady said as we bumped into each other causing me to drop my stuff.

  “I am so sorry” I apologized bending down to get my stuff. She simply huffed and walked away. This day just gets better and better, doesn’t it? After I’d picked up all my books, I stood up with a sigh only to find over 50 magazines in front of me on stands with the same pictures plastered on them. I could feel my jaw dropping open as I stared at the picture of Harry kissing a short blonde. I snapped back to reality and grabbed one of the magazines ready to pay for it.

*

  “A new day, a new lady in the arms of Harry Styles of One Direction. The young heartthrob was spotted with American Eagle model, Natasha Bryans. Insiders tell us that Harry and Natasha have become intimately close to each other after meeting in a club in Los Angeles. The model is now on tour with One Direction spending a lot of time with Harry and the rest of the boys. “They’re both really happy together and they’re taking things slow” a friend of Natasha tells us. Time will only tell what the future will bring to the two lovers”

  I could feel the tears rushing to my eyes as I closed the magazine shut. I didn’t even care about making it to class anymore. I turned around ready to go back home deciding to skip today’s classes.

  Why didn’t I know about this? Why hasn’t Zayn or one of the other boys told me about this? Harry was obviously serious about this Natasha girl since there were over 10 pictures of them together and she was visiting them on tour. How could he have moved on so quickly? Just as I was about to enter my apartment, my cell phone rang. It was Zayn.

  “Hello?” I answered, trying to make my voice seem as stable as possible.

  “Emily!” Zayn beamed “How are you?”

   “I’m fine” I hesitated “What about you?”

  “I’m doing okay” he answered “Emily, there’s something I need to tell you. It’s about Harry” I could feel my heart stopping as I entered my apartment.

  “What about Harry?”

  “He, um, he sort of got a girlfriend”

  “I know” I answered with my voice breaking. The tears started streaming down my face again “I just found out. Why didn’t you tell me?”

  “I wanted to, I swear” he sighed “But you’re like my sister, and I didn’t want to hurt you, but I should’ve told you sooner. I’m sorry”

  “It’s okay. It’s not your fault or his. I broke up with him; I should’ve seen this coming”

  “I feel terrible, Em. We’ll be in London next week. We’ll come visit you as soon as we get the chance. Hold on, Liam wants to speak to you” I could hear the phone shuffling between their hands.

  “Emily” Liam began “If you need anything at all, don’t hesitate to call, even if it’s at 3 AM. And if you need anything else, call Dani”

  “Or Eleanor” Louis yelled in the background.

  “I will” I said with a smile forming on my face “And Danielle and Eleanor have been nothing but amazing these past few weeks”

  “We all love you, Em” he said “And so does Harry. He’s just…angry and hurt” I began bawling in silence again when Harry’s name was mentioned.

  “I love you guys too” I answered “I need to go shower, so I’ll call you guys later, okay?” we said our final goodbyes then hung up. I dragged myself to the bedroom and lay on the bed. Harry, my Harry, was in the arms of another girl all because of my stupid mistake.

  I’d probably see him again next week at Danielle’s birthday party. And he’ll probably bring her along. I remembered the last time we were broken up and what he’d said to me I don’t care how long it takes; I swear to you that I’ll never stop fighting for you. I can’t even look at other girls, Em, no matter how hard I try to. I love you and I probably always will. I can’t stop thinking about you even if I want to. I’m going to keep on trying to get you back no matter how hard it gets.”

  Maybe it was time for me to start fighting for Harry, and that was exactly what I was planning to do.

*

 HARRY’S POV:

1 WEEK LATER:

  “Happy birthday, baby!” Liam beamed as he entered the club, running towards Danielle. He picked her up twirling her in circles and showering her with kisses. He’d probably said ‘happy birthday’ to her over 100 times today.

  “Are you okay, man?” Zayn whispered to me. I just nodded my head holding in my breath. Today was the day I’d see her again. I was anxious but dreading this at the same time. I wanted to prove to everyone and myself tonight that I wasn’t putty in her hands anymore once and for all.