I pick Mystery

Chapter 12 ---------------------------- I pick Mystery

I woke up because of someone tickling my feet. I fluttered my eyes open and saw Jason standing at the end of my bunk. All the things happened yesterday came rushing back in my mind including my weird dreams with Apollo reciting me romantic poems and asking for my hand. I had volunteered for a quest to save Hebe, went to the Oracle of Delhi to hear the prophecy, and found out I'm going  with the gorgeous Sun God on this quest.  We talked at each other through the Rainbow Mist. Thanks to Iris, the Rainbow goddess.

I reached for my Fangora under my pillow and clasp it.

" Morning, Jason. " I greeted my brother. He smiled at me and told me I must hurry because at 7, Apollo would be here. I got up off my bunk and as I passed by Jason I punched his forearm and he chuckled.

" Silver, you still have'nt choose one companion you're bringing to the quest. " Jason said. Oh! Yeah! I totally forgot.  Good thing he reminded me.

" I'l decide later. " I said then began to pack my things. Thalia helped me. 

By 6:30 I was finished packing then I headed to the Big House, Thalia and Jason were with me. They look like my bodyguards. But I like the idea. Hee Hee. I saw Mr D and Chiron  playing pinochle at the porch. 2 cans of coke were on the table.

" Hi. " I grumbled. Both of them looked up at the sight of me clenching my Fangora. I'm really ready to go on a quest now. Where's apolllo? I'm dying to meet him personally. The only god I have seen since I came to camp was Mr D, the Wine Dude. 

" Silver. Apollo will be arriving in a moment. " Chiron said. I looked away because I was blushing again.

" Siler, mind your manners, mind you? " Mr D mumbled while taking a sip in his can.

" Sorry sir. " I apologized.

" have you picked out one companion? " Mr D asked.

I still havent. I looked around the camp and spotted some Demeter campers. No defintely not them. Then I saw Mystery coming out of Hermes Cabin. I made up my mind.

" I'm picking out Mystery Foster. " I said.