meeting Mr.D and @ the Hermes cabin

• Dedicated to Geb Peñaflor

comment after you read please! thanks. again, i do not own percy jackson. :)

Chapter 2   I meet the Wine dude, Dionysus.

" Silver, wake up, were here at Camp now. " It was Thalia. She was waking me up. I still want to sleep, so I pretended I did'nt hear her.

" Silver Jeanne Clitherow!" Thalia screamed.

I flinched and opened my eyes. Boy, this Thalia girl is really some kind of a scare!

" Oh. Sorry, Thalia. I just still wanted to sleep." I told her while stretching my arms and yawning.

" It's okay. Well, you'll get to rest again later. But now, we need to go to the Big House." Thalia explained.

" Yeah right. " I mumbled and went out of the van to follow her into the camp.

Even though it was already dark, I could make out a meadow. There were groves of trees, a stream, acres of strawberries spread out in the fields. A valley was surrounded by rolling hills.It looked beautiful under the moonlight. Thalia told me were in Long Island, New York. When we reached the Big House, I leaned on the railing, seeing buildings that looked like Ancient Greek architecture. An open pavilion, a circular arena, an ampitheater. Except they all looked new, their white marble columns, sparkling under the moon. There was also a sandpit which could have been a volleyball court and  a lake. Near the woods by the lake were the cabins, 12 of them arranged in a U shape. Two at the base and five in a row on either side. I was so busy admiring the whole camp when a hand clamped on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a creature in a half human, half horse form. A centaur.

" Good evening. You must be Silver Clitherow, the half blood that our satyr, Keempee was guarding and watching. " The white centaur said.

Thalia just looked at the white centaur and then she began to play with her metal cuff. Clearly, she does'nt want to interfere or join in.

" Yes Sir. May I know your name? " I asked.

" Oh. How rude of me. I am Chiron, the Activities Director of Camp Half Blood." The centaur said.

" Hello Chiron. " I beamed.

I noticed that Chiron was in his mid 40s and his brown eyes lookes so ancient. I brushed up my flaming red hair and took in a deep breath of strawberry breeze and fresh air. Ah, how relaxing.

Just then, a pudgy man with blotchy red face, wearing leopard-pattern hawaiian shirt, walkimg shorts, and tennis shoes with black shoes appeared behind Chiron. I don't know who he is so I just glared at his direction and faced Chiron.

" Silver, I know what you are going through at this moment. Thinking why you're a half blood and all that. But don't worry, you will adjust to your new world. You will train to fight and become a good heroine. Thalia is here to guide you and Keempee too for the mean time." Chiron said.

Speaking of Keempee, I perked up. I missed my satyr buddy. I threw Thalia a bunch of questions, like if Keempee' s okay now? Where is he? Who's with him now?  She told me that Roy Ashe, from Apollo Cabin was taking good care of him. I relaxed and muttered thanks to her.

I realized I was still talking to Chiron and then I babbled about Keempee, so I blushed a little . Im being rude again. Where are my manners?

" Do you know how to address your respects girl? " The pudgy man murmured, then he frowned at me.

" Oh. I'm sorry Sir. I dont know who you are." I apologized stupidly.

" You should have ask. I am Dionyus, the Wine God, but call me Mr.D." He introduced himself.